We are currently looking to recruit a Commercial Litigation Senior Associate with 7+ years' PQE to join our Birmingham office.
The team is friendly and inclusive and is looking for a candidate who will fit in with this ethos. The work covers a broad spectrum of commercial litigation/disputes, including fraud, corporate disputes and judicial review challenges offering plenty of interest and stimulation and involves disputes of all sizes. Clients include public bodies and typically medium to large corporates including a range of listed companies. The team seeks to involve all members in client relationship building and business development.
Key clients include:
- Skatteforvaltningen (the Danish Customs and Tax Administration)
- British Gas Social Housing Limited (subsidiary of Centrica)
- ISS UK Limited
- MML Capital Partners Limited
- Avara Foods
- Honda Group
- Allianz Holdings Plc
- Watches of Switzerland
- The Financial Times Limited
- On Tower UK Limited (formerly Arqiva)
- Delphi Powertrain Poland Z.O.O.
- Universities (Various)
- Acting for a European Governmental Agency in a highly complex multi-party claim in the London Commercial Court for the recovery of £1.5bn losses arising from one of the largest alleged frauds discovered in Europe.
- Acting for a London borough council in a multi-million-pound joint venture dispute with a private property developer over the termination of the JV and the enforcement of an option to buy land.
- Acting for Honda of the UK Manufacturing after a competitive tender to advise on all disputes arising from the well-publicised closure of Honda’s manufacturing plant in the UK in July 2021
- Acting for a major supplier to a supermarket in a £84 million contractual claim.
The Candidate Required
The successful candidate will:
- have gained experience in a large commercial practice but be willing to learn new skills;
- be a team player, able to forge strong working relationships with colleagues in an agile environment;
- be technically strong and exercise good commercial judgment;
- have the interpersonal skills necessary for this client-facing role; and
- have a "can-do" attitude and be willing to work with colleagues and partners collaboratively and enthusiastically.
What will we offer you?
- We are a market leading, dynamic and growing global team who work together to produce outstanding results for our clients.
- We invest in our team and have a first-class training and career development programme, monthly 121s, career discussions and biannual appraisals. Our training reflects our position as a market leader in communications and sourcing. Our training will assist you to develop as a specialist with valuable sector knowledge and the ability to deliver "best of breed" services.
Pinsent Masons won the ‘Best Talent and Inclusion’ award at The Lawyer Awards 2022 and is the only law firm named in the top 16 most inclusive businesses in Europe by the Financial Times Diversity Leaders Report. The firm is named amongst the top inclusive UK employers for the 16th consecutive year by LGBT+ equality charity Stonewall in its Workplace Equality Index and won the Legal Business ‘Law Firm of the Year’ award in 2021. Go to www.pinsentmasons.com/accolades to view all of our global awards and nominations.
Should you require further details, please contact our in-house Lateral Recruitment Advisor Johenn Choi who can discuss the role and requirements.
At Pinsent Masons we value diversity and inclusion. We are committed to creating a better workplace where all our talent can succeed and feel like they belong. We want to attract, retain and develop people at all levels and encourage applications from all suitably qualified candidates whatever your ethnicity, religion, age, physical or mental disability/ long term condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other characteristics protected by local law in the jurisdictions in which we operate.