The Central Bids team has improved its triaging of opportunities over recent years, resulting in a prestigious award from Legal Week in 2022 for this innovation. The new role will work with the process and bidding teams to advise on the best approach to win the most strategic and valuable opportunities. To do this effectively, the Bid Coach will work alongside the Bid Managers, across sectors, practice teams and jurisdictions.
The current team structure has 13 bid professionals who manage the proposal writing and bid management for the firm’s Global Sectors, Practice Groups, and key jurisdictions. The team support on c.500+ bids each year. The Bid Coach will assist and work with the Bid Managers, Partners and Fee Earners on the top 20-40 opportunities, depending on workload. They will have an impact by focusing on:
- Strategy – focusing early conversations on tailoring our strategy and proposition. They will need to continuously update their knowledge Pinsent Masons’ capabilities and solutions whilst keeping the client’s need and problems as the priority.
- Solution Sharing – with an understanding of market best-practice and the best submissions at the firm, they will share innovative proposals and ideas, tentpole processes and submissions into other opportunities as considerations.
- Feedback and Reporting – capturing feedback to report to senior members of BD on any potential to capitalise on or areas of concerns to mitigate. They will also ensure an additional option is available for gold-standard client debriefs.
- Skills Development – they will engage in appropriate APMP and other training and share best practice. This will go beyond those opportunities they are actively engaged in with FE’s and BD e.g. virtual training, internal comms, training/coaching sessions.
- Handovers – contribute to a knowledge transfer from bidding teams to delivery teams, so bids won turn into successful projects and relationships.
There is ample opportunity in this role to bring in expertise built over a candidate’s career, to identify issues in process and approach, and to shape the role to benefit our success rate on strategic and high value bid opportunities.
- Extensive experience of providing strategic advice and guidance on bidding approaches
- Improving behaviours to benefit work winning
- Coaching presentation teams / playing the client
- Legal or other professional services sector experience preferred
- Join a global, innovative and forward thinking firm;
- Agile working i.e. the opportunity to work from home, subject to diary commitments;
- 25 days annual leave entitlement and the opportunity to purchase or roll over 5 days;
- Up to 5 days' carers/parental leave per year;
- Contributory pension of up to 5%;
- Private healthcare;
- Death in service cover (4 x base salary);
- Eligibility to apply for an interest free season ticket loan, an interest free gym membership loan and/or an interest free rental deposit loan;
- Cycle to work scheme;
- Access to training and development to refresh or enhance your current skillset;
For any queries or for a copy of the full job description then please contact our in-house recruiter Glenn Wilshaw. Please note we only accept CVs that are logged on the Recruitment portal.
At Pinsent Masons we value diversity and inclusion. We are committed to creating a better workplace where all our talent can succeed and feel like they belong. We want to attract, retain and develop people at all levels and encourage applications from all suitably qualified candidates whatever your ethnicity, religion, age, physical or mental disability/ long term condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other characteristics protected by local law in the jurisdictions in which we operate.