Pinsent Masons is a global 100 law firm, with over 3,400 employees operating out of 26 locations across Europe, Asia Pacific, Africa and the Middle East. We have a long-standing reputation for delivering high-quality legal advice rooted in a deep understanding of the sectors and geographies in which our clients operate. Our global reach ensures that we are well-placed to advise on complex multi-jurisdictional matters across a full range of legal disciplines.
This role sits in the CPC Team within Pinsent Masons and will support the lawyers in the CPC team on a variety of in-house paralegal duties and administrative tasks. The lawyers in the CPC team are split into two groups:
- Contracts Lawyers who advise on a wide range of commercial contracts in support of the procurement, contracting and management activities undertaken by CPC in relation to suppliers of the firm and across the various business functions within the firm; and
- Vario Legal Services (“VLS”) being the team of lawyers who are responsible for advising on the legal and contractual activities of the Vario Group. The Vario Group is a practice group within Pinsent Masons which brings together some of the firm’s “alternative legal services” such as Vario Flexible Services, Managed Legal Services, Consulting and Technology and Legal Project Management.
- Be able to demonstrate strong previous paralegal experience, ideally within a global commercial law firm.
- Be able to demonstrate strong previous document management and project management experience
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong drafting and writing skills
- Very good organisational skills and the ability to prioritise a busy workload
- Excellent IT skills, particularly in Microsoft Office
- Good research skills
- Very strong communication skills
- Ability to communicate with employees at all levels within the firm and across all Practice and business support areas
- Working knowledge of some legal practices
- Flexible and able to use own initiative working with minimal supervision
- A motivated self-starter who is a good team player
- Proactive approach to identification of work required
Please note that a Legal Practice Course is not required for this role, but it would be beneficial.
- Agile working i.e. the opportunity to work from home, subject to diary commitments.
- 25 days' annual leave entitlement and the opportunity to purchase or roll over 5 days.
- The ability to claim up to 5 paid days towards parental or caring responsibilities.
- Contributory pension.
- Private healthcare.
- Death in service cover (4 x base salary).
- Eligibility to apply for an interest free season ticket loan, an interest free gym membership loan and/or an interest free rental deposit loan.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- We envisage this role being full time, however, we are open to considering flexible working arrangements.
For any queries, please contact our Lateral Recruitment team by emailing email@example.com. We only accept CVs that are logged on the Recruitment portal.
At Pinsent Masons we value diversity and inclusion. We are committed to creating a better workplace where all our talent can succeed and feel like they belong. We want to attract, retain and develop people at all levels and encourage applications from all suitably qualified candidates whatever your ethnicity, religion, age, physical or mental disability/ long term condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other characteristics protected by local law in the jurisdictions in which we operate.