Trowers & Hamlins is a City-led, international and national law firm with over 160 partners and 950 staff. With offices across the UK, Middle East and Asia, we provide a full-service integrated offering.
Our clients operate in diverse industry sectors such as construction, transport and infrastructure, banking and financial services, distribution and logistics, education and health, hotels and leisure, defence, engineering and surveying, charities, retail and energy and natural resources. We also act for many high net worth individuals.
We are different and we believe it is our people that make us unique. We expect and respect that you and your talents are too. The truth is we don't prescribe who you are or how you ought to be. It's what you can do that interests us most.
While the work on offer is rewarding and often complex, the qualities we look for are simple. The ability to get on with people from all walks of life, for example. To talk and to listen. To develop the sorts of relationships that mean you win the friendship and loyalty of clients and colleagues alike. In short, to connect. These are the characteristics our people all have in common. They are vital, as is the drive and imagination to use your unique talents to the full. We will help you in this. In fact, we will support you in every way we can.
What you'll be doing
- Advising a mixed client base from both the public and private sectors on a broad range of interesting and high quality real estate disputes;
- Negotiate settlements with opposing parties and advising clients on any proposed terms;
- Drafting court proceedings, witness statements and affidavits and assisting with the preparation of trial bundles;
- Assisting with the preparation of cases for hearing at the First-tier Tribunal (Property Chamber);
- Building and maintaining effective client relationships;
- Active participation in marketing initiatives;
- Participating in firm-wide, office and departmental training sessions;
- Ensuring files are managed in compliance with Lexcel procedures.
What you'll need
The firm has a competency framework for Senior Associate level, and in particular for this role we require:
- Proven ability to take on responsibility and manage files, independently where appropriate;
- Strong client focus and a commitment to service delivery;
- Ability to work to deadlines;
- Good interpersonal skills, presenting and client facing skills;
- Drive and enthusiasm;
- Commercial awareness;
- An interest in marketing;
- Flexibility and can do attitude;
- Excellent academic record;
- Qualified Solicitor with at least 3-5 years' post qualification experience in property litigation, and Good team player
As part of our firm recruitment policy our candidates are subject to employment screening background checks. These checks include personal details, education and employment history, professional qualifications and credit and criminal checks as appropriate.
Trowers & Hamlins is an equal opportunities employer and values diversity and inclusion. All applications will be considered on merit and the applicant's suitability to meet the requirements of the role and will be treated equally irrespective of Ethnicity, Gender (including Trans and non-binary) Race, Disability, Religion and sexual orientation.