We are currently recruiting for an Associate or Senior Associate (Marketing restrictions) to join our aosphere department.
aosphere LLP is an affiliate of A&O and produces market leading web-based legal and compliance management products currently focused on derivatives, shareholding disclosure, marketing restrictions and data privacy. aosphere’s products are used by over 500 institutions and over 15,000 users worldwide including most leading banks and 80% of the top 20 world’s largest asset managers. Its flagship products include netalytics, CSAnalytics, diligence and the Rulefinder product range. aosphere LLP is at the forefront of legal innovation and has featured 13 times in the prestigious Financial Times Innovative Lawyers report. aosphere LLP is also a pioneer in the use of flexible working arrangements. The team is based in London, Belfast and New York.
We are currently seeking to recruit a permanent lawyer to support aosphere's growth. The successful lawyer will work directly in the marketing restrictions team in London on two sister products – the Marketing Restrictions product (sell-side focus) and Marketing Restrictions – Asset Management product (buy-side focus). Day to day work will include commissioning and negotiating updates or new legal memoranda, updating or compiling reports for online publication, inputting into enhancement of product, marketing and dealing with queries from subscribers and A&O team, attending conferences, monitoring developments and drafting alerts.
- Other lawyers in aosphere’s marketing restrictions team
- Local Counsel around the world
- Wider aosphere community (e.g. business development, support)
Role and responsibilities
- Updating existing content – this involves negotiating and agreeing legal opinions from counsel in multiple jurisdictions, analysing those opinions and summarising key issues in reports. The ability to reduce long and complex analysis into concise, accurate, consistent summaries is essential.
- From time to time it will also be necessary to commission and negotiate content with local counsel in new jurisdictions to be covered.
- Inputting into the structure of new and existing products with input from key clients where appropriate.
- Update periods can be busy. Deadlines for updating and issuing new content are critical.
- The ability to track any necessary changes consistently across a suite of documents is a key skill required for the role.
- Supporting marketing activities and providing support and training to existing subscribers.
- At least 2 years PQE. Ideally the candidate will currently be in a private practice role although in-house candidates would also be considered.
- Strong analytical and report/opinion drafting skills together with excellent attention to detail required.
- Financial services regulatory experience strongly preferred.
- Able to demonstrate the ability to become an expert in unfamiliar areas of law.
- Able to demonstrate experience of meeting the requirements of highly demanding financial services and asset management clients.
- Experience in international/cross-border work required.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills. This role involves daily communication with the aosphere legal and support teams, partners, colleagues in overseas offices and other lawyers across the world.
- Pro-active and self-motivated.
- Team working skills are essential and an ability to work closely and consistently with colleagues on shared products.
Who we are looking for
The position would appeal to a lawyer wishing to continue to work at a level of service which produces top quality work for demanding clients but without the unpredictability of transactional work. All necessary training to ensure the successful candidate is fully involved in supporting the business at the earliest opportunity will be provided. Opportunity to work flexibly including part-time arrangements (min 4 day week) and working from home on selected days.
Should you require additional support at any stage of the recruitment process due to a disability or a health condition, please do not hesitate to contact a member of Allen & Overy’s recruitment team who will work with you to provide any reasonable adjustments as required.
We are an equal opportunities recruiter and do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or any other protected characteristic
At Allen & Overy, we recognise that our people are our most valuable asset, which is reflected in the wide range of benefits that are available to our employees. Some of these benefits include: our occupational pension scheme, group income protection cover, private medical insurance, mental health resources and free apps, health and wellbeing services encompassing an onsite gym, wellbeing centre and GP service, emergency back-up care support, parental and special leave, holiday entitlement increasing with length of service, holiday trading, season ticket loans and online discounts and lifestyle management services.
Allen & Overy recognises the value of flexible working and embraces hybrid working, allowing our people to work from home up to 40% of their working time. We do however remain committed to working together in person for the remaining 60% of time so that we can learn, grow and succeed together. If you would like additional flexibility we will of course consider this in line with business needs.
Additional information - External
Allen & Overy is a leading global law firm operating in over thirty countries. By turning our insight, technology and talent into ground-breaking solutions, we’ve earned our reputation as a firm that leads the industry and opens up new possibilities in law. Our lawyers are leaders in their field – and the same goes for our support teams. Ambitious, driven and open to fresh perspectives, we find new ways to deliver our services and maintain our reputation for excellence, in all that we do.
The nature of law is changing and with that change brings unique opportunities. We are defined by our consistent commitment to creating a collaborative and supportive working culture and investing in your progress. We’re committed to supporting a culture that drives diversity and inclusion. Every day, we’re working hard to create an environment where you feel you can bring your authentic self to work. To be comfortable and confident to be who you are in the workplace. To feel like you belong. We offer rewarding careers that are built around your strengths and designed to ensure you can achieve your personal and professional ambitions. Joining our global team, you’ll discover what collaborating on a global scale really looks like; you’ll learn how to help drive change; and you’ll be at the heart of an organisation that’s defining the future of law. If you’re ready to find a place to thrive: It’s Time.