This is a senior lead role, where relationships and influence, as well as innovation and technical acumen, are key. The purpose of the role is:
- Delighting our customers
- Ensuring quality outcomes that are aligned with our business strategy
- Enabling rapid successful change and delivering continual improvement
- Contributing to a world class team and culture
This is so much more than a Test role. Expect to be a pioneer; designing, demonstrating and inspiring new ways of working in our growing team.
We’re looking for someone with a wealth of Technical Lead level quality assurance and test automation experience; an excellent communicator and an adventurous soul.
Someone comfortable working with the unknown, who will thrive in an environment where it’s possible to build and shape things, driving clarity from ambiguity and leading a movement for positive change.
The opportunity offers empowerment and autonomy, whilst providing a committed and supportive network, aligned in our values, with a strong sense of team.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Relationships, people & impact - excellent communication & strong EQ; influencing for success
Proactive approach – self-led; seeking & creating opportunities to make a difference
Problem solving - effective collaboration, innovation & being bold
Trusted advisor - specialist & technical experience; advice & insight relevant to our world; researching & presenting
Automation – competent in designing & building frameworks, scripting, CI/CD pipeline, execution & maintenance
Agile and DevOps – fluent in both; promoting & demonstrating best practises; leading the way
Coaching / mentoring – effectively supporting others
Assurance – championing and assuring quality at all levels of the software / product delivery lifecycle
Leading - well versed in all QA & Test Lead activities (including strategy, planning, reporting; test management)
Testing – proficient in all areas of the test lifecycle (including test design, execution, defect management, traceability, supporting UAT)
- Previous senior lead level experience (demonstrating aforementioned attributes) in a mature test setting
- Leads as well as hands on (& a desire to continue being involved at all levels)
- Strong test automation & CI/CD background
- Proficient in automation tooling & developing scripts (API & UI level)
- Experience testing internally developed software & 3rd party products (with many complex integrations)
- Stakeholder management, including business customers & 3rd parties
- An excellent eye for detail, clear and structured in approach and communications
- Fluent & effective communication of complex information to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Agile & DevOps working practises & experience of working in Agile teams
- Solution focussed and positive attitude to challenges
- Expertise in testing techniques used to plan and execute tests of all application components
- Non-Functional test experience, particularly performance testing
- Testing in Azure environment & Dev Test Labs
- UI automation tools – Tosca test automation suite or similar
- Open source automation tools – Selenium, Postman, Cucumber
- Performance test tools – J-Meter, BlazeMeter (or similar)
- Test management tools - Jira, xRay for Jira
- Testing within SaaS environments, and ideally SAP.
- Relevant industry recognised qualifications, e.g.:
- ITSQB-BCS Certified Tester Foundation Level
- ISTQB-BCS Foundation Agile Tester Extension
- BCS Intermediate Certificate in Software Testing
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world. We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. Our clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as government and public sector bodies.
In everything we do connected with our People, our Clients and our Communities, we live by these values:
- Be Supportive – we are compassionate and inclusive, valuing diversity and acting thoughtfully
- Be Collaborative - we are proactive, passionate team players investing in our relationships
- Be Bold - we are fearless and inquisitive, challenging ourselves to think big and find creative new solutions
- Be Exceptional - we are strategic and driven, exceeding standards and expectations
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
At DLA Piper, diversity and inclusion underpins how we live our values and everything we do. We believe that everyone has a voice, and that everyone’s voice counts. We know that the rich diversity across our firm makes us stronger, more innovative and creative, which helps us to better serve our clients and communities. We are committed to providing an inclusive working environment and culture across our global firm, where everyone can bring their authentic self to work.
Diversity of perspective, thought, background and culture combine to make us the leading global law firm; that’s why we actively seek to build balanced teams. We welcome the unique contribution that you will bring to our firm and actively encourage applications from all talented people – however your talent is packaged, whatever your background or circumstance and regardless of how you identify.
We support anyone with a disability or long term health condition to ensure they have the opportunity to perform at their best. If you have not done so already, please let us know if you require any support so we can make the right adjustments and considerations should they be required.
We know that people have responsibilities and interests outside of their career and that as a business, we all benefit from working flexibly. That's why we are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support requests for agile working arrangements.
In the event that we make an offer to you, and where local legislation permits, we will conduct pre-engagement screening checks that may include but are not limited to your professional and academic qualifications, your eligibility to work in the relevant jurisdiction, any criminal records, your financial stability and references from previous employers.