Our Success. Your Opportunity.
We are currently looking for a Resource Manager to join the DLA Piper team. This opportunity can be based in any of our UK offices.
This is your opportunity to become an integral leader and to manage the supply and demand of all resource related to effective delivery of our change portfolio, across all disciplines and geographies. You will join a global team that operates across more than 40 countries, a team of trusted advisors, innovators and game-changers who go above and beyond to challenge the status-quo.
This is a unique opportunity for a Resource Manager to join a market leading firm. Find out how to join us now.
The Resource Manager actively manages the supply and demand of all resource related to the effective delivery of the change portfolio, across all disciplines and geographies. Acting as the link between key resources and the project demands the role provides a capability to the entire DLA Piper business to predictably supply the resources required to deliver business and technology focused change as well as the tools to measure the capacity provision for a rolling portfolio of major programmes, discrete projects, BAU change and rapid-response initiatives.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsible for the effective supply and demand of all portfolio delivery related resource including:
- Working with Project and Operational Managers in defining pipeline requirements and thereafter mapping the supply of available resource types for project and operational delivery, and supplying recommendations for resource by profile/type as well as capacity
- Working with all project delivery teams in the business to ensure the availability and correct allocation of resources based on required project products
- Providing guidance to projects on resource estimates; providing feedback on performance optimisation / selection of correct resources
- Creates a culture of resource allocation based on resource types aligned to defined work packages / products
- Define and implement transparent processes and standard engagement models
- Work with all stakeholders to ensure clear understanding and adherence to processes
- Development of appropriate toolsets to determine demand at deliverable level e.g. work packaging, sprint definition, precedent-based forecasting
- Define and provide management information on utilisation, effectiveness of demand forecast
- Working with finance on establishing accurate resource costing
- Acts as a mentor to the team, both on a project level and working with each individual to establish learning and development opportunities and assisting with the creation of learning and development plans for continuous development
- Work closely with and collaborate with Business Change Managers, Business Partners, and the Portfolio Manager to support the continuous improvement of portfolio delivery processes
- Has line management responsibility for the Capacity & Demand Analyst
- Leadership - ability to clearly articulate goals and objectives for teams and individuals
- Ownership - can take high-level/immediate issues and translate into action; driving that action
- Deep knowledge and experience of resource management - Principles, techniques and tools for the effective management of resource allocation
- Ability to plan and organise, making data-driven decisions on how to deploy resources
- Relationship building - Establishes relationships, contributes to an open culture and maintains contacts with people from a variety of backgrounds and disciplines
- Contributes to an open culture and maintains internal and external networks
- Effective and sensitive communicator with ability to adapt style for different audiences
- Demonstrable working knowledge of resource utilisation measurement tools and methods
- Is tenacious and persistent in addressing difficult conversations; looks for the win-win
- Understands our commercial imperatives and acts upon them in prioritisation
- Influence and persuasion - Conveys a level of confidence and professionalism when engaging with stakeholders, influencing positively and persuading others to take a specific course of action when needed
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world. We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. Our clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as government and public sector bodies.
In everything we do connected with our People, our Clients and our Communities, we live by these values:
- Be Supportive – we are compassionate and inclusive, valuing diversity and acting thoughtfully
- Be Collaborative - we are proactive, passionate team players investing in our relationships
- Be Bold - we are fearless and inquisitive, challenging ourselves to think big and find creative new solutions
- Be Exceptional - we are strategic and driven, exceeding standards and expectations
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
At DLA Piper, diversity and inclusion underpins how we live our values and everything we do. We believe that everyone has a voice, and that everyone’s voice counts. We know that the rich diversity across our firm makes us stronger, more innovative and creative, which helps us to better serve our clients and communities. We are committed to providing an inclusive working environment and culture across our global firm, where everyone can bring their authentic self to work.
Diversity of perspective, thought, background and culture combine to make us the leading global law firm; that’s why we actively seek to build balanced teams. We welcome the unique contribution that you will bring to our firm and actively encourage applications from all talented people – however your talent is packaged, whatever your background or circumstance and regardless of how you identify.
We support anyone with a disability or long term health condition to ensure they have the opportunity to perform at their best. If you have not done so already, please let us know if you require any support so we can make the right adjustments and considerations should they be required.
We know that people have responsibilities and interests outside of their career and that as a business, we all benefit from working flexibly. That's why we are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support requests for agile working arrangements.
In the event that we make an offer to you, and where local legislation permits, we will conduct pre-engagement screening checks that may include but are not limited to your professional and academic qualifications, your eligibility to work in the relevant jurisdiction, any criminal records, your financial stability and references from previous employers.