Want to be a part of a successful Marketing & Business Development team? We are looking for a Senior Marketing & BD Manager with the gravitas to work with our sector leadership to lead on the development of the Consumer Goods, Food & Retail Sector.
With a seat at the table, you will be responsible for driving sector led campaigns and client development opportunities across the international business in what proves to be an exciting time to be at the firm.
If this sounds like you, please do not hesitate to get in touch or follow the link for more information.
We are recruiting for a Senior Marketing & Business Development Manager to provide strategic and business planning support which will drive the growth of profitable client relationships on the back of effective, dynamic marketing and business development plans for the GCFR Sector.
Occasional travel internationally is a requirement of the role.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide coaching/mentoring/consultancy to the sector group leader and key sub-group stakeholders across the International sector team
- Develop and build sector specific key client and industry relationships, participating in client reviews when necessary and providing account management support to the sector's growth clients
- Contribute to the development and content of the business development and communications strategy across the international sector encouraging collaboration, innovation and client service delivery
- Work in partnership with the US sector team to ensure business development activity is aligned and collaboration encouraged
- Manage the firm's external relationships with industry bodies, ensuring opportunities are identified and maximised
- Prepare the sector's marketing budget bid and ensure allocated budgets are effectively handled and that investment is targeted at agreed priorities. Demonstrate advanced analytical skills of financial information and develop marketing budgets in line with Finance guidelines
- Ensure all major sector pitches are effectively handled, coaching those partners and lawyers involved in major business development activity
- Effectively resource sector business development requirements by utilizing the assigned sector marketing support, shared services and other business support functions
- Drive sector cross-sharing, client targeting and participate in key client programmes
- Promote strong market orientation; influence strategy formation and investment decisions
- Bring the best of the firm to the CGFR Sector – with so many campaigns, client alerts, events etc happening across the matrix structure, there is a need to identify and share the most relevant opportunities on an ongoing basis and help to plug in the right contributors
- Work closely with Sector and Group MBD teams to ensure CGFR representation/input into the Firm’s go-to-market sector strategy
- Value Added Services – (training, alerts and thought leadership) how we bring wider value to our clients, such as: connecting clients to opportunities and engaging on headline agendas
- Ensure all collateral and marketing data is up-to-date and readily available
- Oversee the development and submission of key sector directory / award submissions for the varying workstreams
- Support laterals with embedding their ‘book of business’ and coach new partner promotions / potential partner talent invested in the sector
- The job holder may be required to undertake additional duties from time to time
The successful candidate must have:
- Senior manager level experience or manager with minimum 5 years’ manager experience looking to expand their role in an international organisation
- Self starter and adept at hitting the ground running
- Degree/CIM Chartered Postgraduate Diploma in Marketing
- Knowledge of Marketing/BD processes - a sound understanding of new business processes, CRM as a concept and the emerging technologies needed to help us win and retain clients legal work
- Sales techniques and coaching skills
- A professional approach, score highly in terms of commitment and internal client care
- Excellent communication and project management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to exercise tact and diplomacy
- A proven ability to deal with confidential and sensitive information
- Experience in dealing with a demanding workload and conflicting priorities
- Be able to multi-task and work to deadlines, be methodical and logical, as well as thrive in a robust and fast-paced environment
- Ability to see delegated tasks through to completion at a high standard
- Ability to stay calm and composed in demanding situations
- Display a consistently positive attitude and adopt a 'can do' approach as well as being able to work well on own initiative and also as part of a wider team; collaborative working style
- Be able to communicate confidently and effectively at all levels
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world. We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. Our clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as government and public sector bodies.
In everything we do connected with our People, our Clients and our Communities, we live by these values:
- Be Supportive – we are compassionate and inclusive, valuing diversity and acting thoughtfully
- Be Collaborative - we are proactive, passionate team players investing in our relationships
- Be Bold - we are fearless and inquisitive, challenging ourselves to think big and find creative new solutions
- Be Exceptional - we are strategic and driven, exceeding standards and expectations
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
At DLA Piper, diversity and inclusion underpins how we live our values and everything we do. We believe that everyone has a voice, and that everyone’s voice counts. We know that the rich diversity across our firm makes us stronger, more innovative and creative, which helps us to better serve our clients and communities. We are committed to providing an inclusive working environment and culture across our global firm, where everyone can bring their authentic self to work.
Diversity of perspective, thought, background and culture combine to make us the leading global law firm; that’s why we actively seek to build balanced teams. We welcome the unique contribution that you will bring to our firm and actively encourage applications from all talented people – however your talent is packaged, whatever your background or circumstance and regardless of how you identify.
We support anyone with a disability or long term health condition to ensure they have the opportunity to perform at their best. If you have not done so already, please let us know if you require any support so we can make the right adjustments and considerations should they be required.
We recognise that people have responsibilities and interests outside of their career and that as a business, we all benefit from working flexibly. That's why we are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support requests for agile working arrangements.
In the event that we make an offer to you, and where local legislation permits, we will conduct pre-engagement screening checks that may include but are not limited to your professional and academic qualifications, your eligibility to work in the relevant jurisdiction, any criminal records, your financial stability and references from previous employers.