CMS is seeking a Supervisor for our Legal Services Unit (LSU), to be dedicated to supporting a team focused on a large and high-profile defendant litigation project for a key financial services client. The role is being offered on a 12-month fixed term contract basis and could be based in any of Edinburgh, Glasgow, Manchester, or Sheffield. About CMS
CMS is a Future Facing firm. With 79 offices in 45 countries and 5,000+ lawyers worldwide, we combine deep sector understanding with a global overview, giving us the ability not only to see what's coming, but to shape it. CMS is well equipped to help our clients face the future with confidence. We are driven by technology and readily embrace the possibilities it opens up for developing new and better ways of delivering legal services. Our bold approach to a changing future ensures that we nurture our employees and recruit top talent. About the Role
Working closely with the Senior Service Delivery Manager who is the operations lead on the project, you will be responsible for:
* Assisting with work allocation and re-allocation across the team.
* Assisting with client MI and reporting responsibilities.
* Tracking progress to ensure deadlines are met.
* Analysing the team's time recording statistics to ensure all time is recorded correctly and accurately.
* Supporting the recruitment process in relation to interviewing candidates and new start processes etc.
* People management to include tasks such as approval of holidays, monitoring sickness, giving feedback, identifying, and implementing training needs, carrying out one to one supervision meetings and yearly appraisals etc.
* Other ad-hoc tasks as required. About You
The ideal candidate will have previous paralegal supervisory experience, preferably with experience of working in volume litigation, together with:
* Experience of working in a busy and demanding environment.
* Strong technology skills.
* Excellent attention to detail and very organised; an analytical, thorough, and committed approach to work.
* Exceptional communication skills: must be able to interact confidently and successfully with colleagues at all levels, including CMS Partners and Associates and the external client.
* Excellent time management skills: ability to prioritise conflicting deadlines.
* Excellent IT skills.
* Enthusiastic and pro-active approach Equal Opportunities
At CMS, a next-generation mindset is woven into all we do. We're diverse, supportive and inclusive, embracing our corporate social responsibility and creating a culture of sustainability in which every one of our people, whatever their background, can maximise their potential and thrive. For further information about CMS' diversity initiatives and programmes, please click here
to view the diversity pages on our website. Please apply online or contact a member of the Talent Acquisition team if you have any questions. For information regarding our competitive range of benefits please visit our Rewards & Benefits
page on our website. Please note that CMS have a preferred agency panel in place. Only applications submitted via the portal at the point of instruction will be accepted.#LI-PK1