Ashurst is a leading progressive global law firm with a rich history, celebrating it's bicentenary in 2022. We are proud of our history and future-focused, having expanded into new technologies through our NewLaw division, Ashurst Advance, and our consulting arm. Our in-depth understanding of our clients and commitment to providing excellent standards of service have seen us become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law. To find out more please visit www.ashurst.com .
In order to comply with regulatory and client requirements, Ashurst will undertake appropriate vetting of staff. When applicants accept a job offer, Ashurst, alongside a specialist provider, will undertake professional verification and background checks. These checks are only undertaken with consent, and in accordance with our legal and regulatory obligations.
Role Overview/Main responsibilities:
A supporting role in the Financial Management team with responsibility for:
- Providing regular detailed and valuable financial insights to senior management.
- Supporting cyclical financial management processes and activities.
- Producing focused financial analysis in response to business requests.
- Preparing consolidated financial reports and models.
- The management and coordination of finance projects.
- Finance reporting design and testing.
- Maintenance of financial management team information and documentation.
Areas of focus to include (but not limited to):
- Business planning, budgeting and forecasting.
- Working capital management (WIP, debtors, lock-up).
- Legal practice performance management (income, costs and profitability).
- Industry and client analysis and reporting.
- Lawyer performance management (time recording, activity and profitability).
- Partner financial reports.
- Month-end global financial reporting.
- Business investment modelling.
- Working with, and supporting, the other Financial Management teams including: Accounting & Group Finance, Commercial Finance, Partner Services and Central Finance.
- Supporting the Business Development and Marketing teams.
Risk and Control: Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with our regulatory requirements and internal policies.
Essential skills and experience:
- Advanced analytical skills.
- Prior experience and success in a similar role.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel (formulae, vlookups, pivots).
- Budgeting and forecasting experience.
- Highly numerate with excellent attention to detail.
- Proactive and self-motivated with good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Team player with the ability to work flexibly within a broad team and resiliently in a changing environment.
- The ability to communicate effectively across all levels of an organisation.
Desired skills and experience:
- Prior experience within the professional services industry.
- Accounting experience/background preferable.
- Experience of Cognos TM1, Power BI or other business intelligence tools applications.
- Strong understanding of financial and management information systems.