TELECOMS, MEDIA AND TECHNOLOGY LAWYER (TMT) – 1-4 YRS PQE
(LONDON / MANCHESTER / EDINBURGH OR GLASGOW)
About the Firm
Pinsent Masons is a global 100 law firm, with over 3,400 employees operating out of 26 locations across Europe, Asia Pacific, Africa and the Middle East. We have a long-standing reputation for delivering high-quality legal advice rooted in a deep understanding of the sectors and geographies in which our clients operate. Our global reach ensures that we are well-placed to advise on complex multi-jurisdictional matters across a full range of legal disciplines.
The firm has significant multinational credentials in the financial services, energy, infrastructure, real estate, and advanced manufacturing and technology sectors. Services provided across these sectors include asset management and investment funds, corporate and M&A, commercial, competition, litigation and arbitration, banking, restructuring, insurance, regulatory, construction, projects, pensions, property, planning and environmental, procurement, outsourcing, employment, share plans and incentives, technology and tax advice.
We champion change and promote progress to make business work better for people. Pinsent Masons has embedded a range of diversity and inclusion initiatives to create an environment in which its people can flourish. We operate an agile working scheme, which offers our employees flexibility in terms of where, and how, they work.
We stand out for our innovative approach to service delivery. For example, the firm has developed a number of in-house legal technology and project management solutions, operates a hub of freelance lawyers, called Vario, and a global Diversity and Inclusion consultancy, Brook Graham. Put simply, we offer a range of professional disciplines to our clients, enabled by our people, process and technology.
Pinsent Masons has achieved more tier 1 rankings in The Legal 500 UK guide than any other firm, won the "Law Firm of the Year Award 2019 – Legal Business" for the second time and is recognised among the most innovative law firms in Europe by the Financial Times. Pinsent Masons was also named Law Firm of the Year 2018 by The Lawyer, and is ranked No 4 on the UK Stonewall Workplace Equality Index 2020 and named as one of Stonewall’s Top Global Employers 2020.
We are currently looking to recruit a 1-4yrs TMT Lawyer to join the market leading technology transactions and advisory team.
Key characteristics of the TMT Lawyer we are looking for
- Technically excellent and with previous TMT experience of up to 4 years with an established private practice firm or large in-house practice
- Enthusiastic and a team player
- Self starter, commercially aware and client focused
- Interest in technology issues, using this to support business development
- Strong academic background, excellent communication and organisational skills
Candidate & Role Summary
This represents an exciting opportunity for the right individual. Pinsent Masons has a large tier one international TMT practice with lawyers operating across the globe. In the UK, we have one of the most established TMT practices, with 29 partners and 82 additional fee earners advising on all aspects of technology, sourcing, telecoms, and digital law.
We are seeking to grow our international TMT practice across the UK and internationally. The practice has a strong focus on clients in the firm's global sectors of Advanced Manufacturing and Technology, Financial Services, and Energy, particularly institutional and blue chip clients, technology suppliers and customers seeking digital solutions and innovation. The team is focussed on key client propositions, such as MedTech, InfraTech, FinTech and Big Data, which interface to a wide range of sectors, such as infrastructure and construction, energy and real estate.
This is a dynamic team where every team member can make his or her own mark, operating across our national and international client base from whichever office they call home. Our lawyers are a key part of the team's development and are able to take responsibility for leading on projects, developing and leading client relationships, contributing to the team's business development plans, focusing on sector activity and supporting the growth of more junior team members.
The role is wide-ranging and will include:
- acting for customers and suppliers on their digital, technology outsourcing, business change projects, sourcing, and telecommunications related deals;
- developing ongoing relationships with an existing client base as well as assisting with bids and pitch presentations for new opportunities;
- developing close working relationships as part of an international team;
- taking an active role in our campaigns and the development of our products.
The successful candidates will:
- have gained experience in a firm with an established TMT practice or a large in-house practice, specialising in sourcing and IT related matters;
- be technically strong and exercise good commercial judgment;
- be a team player, able to forge strong working relationships with colleagues in an agile environment;
- be well-organised and have good project management skills;
- have the inter personal skills necessary for this client-facing role.
What will we offer you?
- We are a longstanding tier 1 rated technology and outsourcing team.
- We are a market leading, dynamic and growing international team who work together to produce outstanding results for our clients.
- You will be working with colleagues who are leading specialists in the TMT sector.
- We have an unparalleled client base comprising major banks and insurance companies, major technology businesses, UK Government and a number of leading international companies in our global sectors.
- We invest in our team and have a first class training and career development programme. Our training reflects our position as a market leader in TMT. Our training will assist you to develop as a specialist with valuable sector knowledge and the ability to deliver "best of breed" services.
- Early responsibility and opportunities to develop client relationships.
Should you require further details, please contact our in house Lateral Recruitment Advisor Johenn Choi who can discuss the role and requirements.
At Pinsent Masons we value diversity and inclusion. We are committed to creating a better workplace where all our talent can succeed and feel like they belong. We want to attract, retain and develop people at all levels and encourage applications from all suitably qualified candidates whatever your ethnicity, religion, age, physical or mental disability/ long term condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other characteristics protected by local law in the jurisdictions in which we operate.