DEBT CAPITAL MARKETS LAWYER (3+ YRS PQE) – LONDON, BIRMINGHAM, MANCHESTER OR LEEDS
We are currently looking to recruit a Debt Capital Markets (DCM) Lawyer with 1 year+ PQE to join our team. Whilst our preference would be for this role to be based in our London office, we are also happy to consider applicants in Birmingham, Manchester or Leeds. The ideal candidate will have a strong debt capital markets background.
We advise a broad range of managers, investors and issuers on a wide variety of debt capital markets transactions. Our practice is broad and very varied. In recent years, the team has advised on standalone bonds and EMTN programmes (both secured and unsecured) across a wide variety sectors, CCFF financings and private placements of public listed bonds and notes documented under US Model Form X. We are expanding our debt capital markets team and are looking for someone to help support this growth.
We deliver a high-quality legal service banking and finance team with access to a deep knowledge of current market practice. We deliver a truly partner / legal director led service and strongly believe in being fully joined up across our network of offices. Our talented team of lawyers has an insight and appreciation of the needs and pressures of clients in the financial services sector. We are renowned for the quality and speed of delivery of our advice, our innovative thinking and our grasp of commercial issues.
Independent commentators on the legal profession acknowledge the technical expertise, practical and forwarding thinking approach of our debt capital markets team.
The Candidate Required
Candidates must be technically excellent in debt capital markets law and practice, but equally important, commercially aware and enthusiastic about business development. They will be a team player with a strong client focussed approach and excellent communication and organisational skills. The candidate will be expected to work closely with the partners / legal directors in the debt capital markets practice, and other senior lawyers in the group, on both transactions and practice development.
Candidates should be able to demonstrate experience of the following:
- experience of running listing processes on a variety of stock exchanges, including London (Main Market and ISM) and the TISE;
- drafting offering circulars, including drafting risk factors and issuer descriptions; and
- experience of drafting and reviewing capital markets documents, including programme/subscription agreements, trust deeds and agency agreements and signing and closing memorandums.
What will we offer you?
- We are a market leading, dynamic and growing global team who work together to produce outstanding results for our clients.
- We invest in our team and have a first class training and career development programme, monthly one to one meetings with supervisors, career discussions and biannual appraisals. Our training will assist you to develop as a specialist with valuable sector knowledge.
- Early responsibility and opportunities to develop client relationships.
Pinsent Masons has achieved more tier 1 rankings in The Legal 500 UK guide than any other firm, won the "Law Firm of the Year Award 2019 – Legal Business" for the second time and is recognised among the most innovative law firms in Europe by the Financial Times. Pinsent Masons was also named Law Firm of the Year 2018 by The Lawyer, and is ranked No 4 on the UK Stonewall Workplace Equality Index 2020 and named Stonewall’s Top Global Employers 2020.
Should you require further details, please contact our in-house Lateral Recruitment Advisor Anwen John who can discuss the role and requirements.
At Pinsent Masons we value diversity and inclusion. We are committed to creating a better workplace where all our talent can succeed and feel like they belong. We want to attract, retain and develop people at all levels and encourage applications from all suitably qualified candidates whatever your ethnicity, religion, age, physical or mental disability/ long term condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other characteristics protected by local law in the jurisdictions in which we operate.