CONTENTIOUS INSURANCE AND FINANCIAL SERVICES LAWYER – LONDON
We are currently looking to recruit a lawyer to join the Firm's contentious insurance and financial services practice in the London office. The candidate will have a broad experience of litigation, insurance and financial services' disputes.
We are ideally looking for a dynamic candidate with excellent client skills and with between 2 and 8 years' PQE of experience.
The work will be a mixture of general insurance coverage, defence work, commercial disputes (acting for both insurers and policyholders) and commercial litigation for financial services firms. Examples of the type of work would include:
- Providing coverage advice and analysis on a variety of policy wordings including D&O, PTL, Crime, Property/BI, Professional indemnity, Construction, W&I, Cyber Liability and Employer's liability
- Acting for insurers and financial institutions in a range of commercial disputes including arbitrations.
- Representing financial institutions and Directors and Officers in the defence of claims against them and regulatory investigations and more generally, FCA and PRA contentious regulatory issues with the FCA (including investigations and enhanced supervision projects
- Profit share and commission disputes between regulated and non-regulated businesses;
- advising on retail and commercial product sales with a view to avoiding or mitigating regulatory enforcement
- Acting for commercial policyholders on a range of contentious insurance matters
- FOS complaints and disputes.
Financial Services and Insurance at Pinsent Masons
The Financial Services Sector is one of the largest in revenue terms of our four Global Sectors. Insurance sits at the heart of our financial services practice, with three out of ten of the Firm's top ten clients last year coming from the Insurance sector.
Background on the IRP team
The IRP Team, within which the Insurance segment sits, consists of approximately 40 lawyers who focus on FS litigation, insurance, contentious and non-contentious financial services work allowing for opportunities of close collaboration and cross team working. The Team's primary clients are leading market financial services firms such as global banks, insurers, funds and brokers.
Clients include major global and UK insurance businesses like Allianz, Aviva, AXA, Argo International, Travelers, Bupa, Direct Line Group, Legal & General, RSA, Simplyhealth and Zurich. We also act for a number of broker groups and leading brand retail distributors.
The nature of the work is a broad base of contentious insurance work and will involve supporting one or more of the contentious partners and/or senior associates within a team environment.
The Insurance team won "Insurance Team of the Year" at the Legal Business Awards 2020 and won the "Regulatory Team of the Year" award at the British Legal Awards 2019.
The Candidate Required
The successful candidate must be technically excellent but, equally important, commercially aware and enthusiastic about business development. They will be a team player with a strong client-focussed approach. They will also have excellent communication and organisational skills.
Ultimately, they will have the soft-skills allied with technical delivery to create their own practice and generate revenue. Lawyers in the Insurance Team are encouraged to develop trusted adviser status at the Executive level for our largest clients, and they will be supported to develop these skills by lawyers with a proven track record of doing this.
- The very best national and international work.
- Early responsibility and opportunities to develop client relationships.
- Genuine long-term career prospects supported through our "best in class" training and our Academy personal development programmes.
Pinsent Masons has achieved more tier 1 rankings in The Legal 500 UK guide than any other firm, won the "Law Firm of the Year Award 2019 – Legal Business" for the second time and is recognised among the most innovative law firms in Europe by the Financial Times. Pinsent Masons was also named Law Firm of the Year 2018 by The Lawyer, and is ranked No 4 on the UK Stonewall Workplace Equality Index 2020 and named as one of Stonewall’s Top Global Employers 2020.
Should you require further details, please contact our in house Lateral Recruitment Advisor Anwen John who can discuss the role and requirements.
At Pinsent Masons we value diversity and inclusion. We are committed to creating a better workplace where all our talent can succeed and feel like they belong. We want to attract, retain and develop people at all levels and encourage applications from all suitably qualified candidates whatever your ethnicity, religion, age, physical or mental disability/ long term condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other characteristics protected by local law in the jurisdictions in which we operate.