Restructuring Lawyer 0-4 Years
Glasgow, Edinburgh or Aberdeen
We are seeking to recruit a talented qualified lawyer to join our Restructuring and Insolvency team in Scotland with opportunities to also support the national restructuring teams. We prefer a candidate who will work out of our Glasgow office, however we will accommodate you if you prefer to work out of our Edinburgh or Aberdeen offices.
Our National Team
Our highly rated team, part of our Banking and Finance group, advises financial institutions, turnaround and insolvency practitioners, company directors, shareholders and other stakeholders on strategies for recovery and turnaround. We also investigate causes of company failure and pursue claims against those responsible. We act for all major clearing banks as well as a wide variety of other lenders, all major firms of insolvency practitioners, creditors, regulators and directors.
Operating across the UK, Europe and Asia- Pacific, the team has 11 partners and a team of 30 lawyers making it one of the largest teams of any practice in the UK.
*Chambers - "expert in high value complex restructuring and recoveries"; "involved in interesting and intricate matters".
Legal 500 - "practice built on strong experience of high-value restructuring and insolvency work".
The team was awarded the title of Insolvency Law Firm of the Year at the 2017 Turnaround, Restructuring and Insolvency Awards 2017 and the Innovation and Diversity awards at the 2018 TRI awards.
Our Glasgow Team
Pinsent Masons LLP's restructuring and insolvency group is notably strong in the oil and gas, renewables, care homes, retail and financial services sectors, with particular expertise in distressed loan sales and purchases and UK bank ring-fencing projects. Claire Massie leads the restructuring practice, with Stacey Bairner leading our special situations practice with a focus on strategic projects and the trading and restructuring of distressed debt. The team also fields Legal Director, Natalie Colaluca. The group was also recently strengthened by the arrival of senior consultant Colin McIntosh from Brodies LLP.
Key Clients Include
- Lone Star Funds
- Teneo LLP
- Interpath LLP
- FRP Advisory LLP
- Ernst & Young
- The main clearing banks
- Funds and PE houses
What Our Clients Say
‘The Pinsent Masons team brings sector knowledge, an arsenal of AI capabilities and the ability to mobilise a much wider team across the UK.‘
‘The team’s breadth of experience in the non-performing loan space (both sell and buy side), the quality of its service and the level of its expertise is what sets Pinsent Masons apart.‘
- Advising on the pre packaged sale of the business and assets of Mono Global Group.
- Advising on the Scottish law elements of the contingency planning and restructuring steps for House of Fraser.
- Acting for Deloitte as administrator of Corby Developments and Northants Rockingham Speedway on the sale of Rockingham Motor Speedway and the associated property.
- Appointed by Tesco Personal Finance as lead counsel to advise on all the Scottish and English law aspects of the sale of Tesco’s Irish credit card business.
- Acting for Ernst & Young as administrators and liquidators of a large international oil and gas group.
- Instructed by Lowell Group to advise on the review and reporting of its entire portfolio of credit agreements.
The Candidate Required
The successful candidate will:
- ideally have completed a seat in transactional insolvency, corporate or finance working a commercial firm or in-house legal team;
- be a team player, able to forge strong working relationships with colleagues in an agile environment;
- be technically strong and exercise good commercial judgment;
- have the interpersonal skills necessary for this client-facing role.
The role is wide-ranging, will focus on and include:
- a balance of contentious and non-contentious insolvency work, but the work will generally be more on the transactional side;
- developing on-going relationships with an existing client base as well as pitching for new opportunities;
- developing close working relationships as part of an international team;
- the opportunity to be involved in work in the very best national and international work.
What will we offer you?
- We are a market leading, dynamic and growing global team who work together to produce outstanding results for our clients.
- We invest in our team and have a first-class training and career development programme, monthly 121s, career discussions and biannual appraisals. Our training reflects our position as a market leader in communications and sourcing. Our training will assist you to develop as a specialist with valuable sector knowledge and the ability to deliver "best of breed" services.
- Early responsibility and opportunities to develop client relationships.
- A starting salary of £61k (effective from September 2022) and benefits package including a generous bonus scheme
To apply for this role
Should you require further details, please contact our in-house Recruitment Advisor Haseeb who can discuss the role and requirements.
At Pinsent Masons we value diversity and inclusion. We are committed to creating a better workplace where all our talent can succeed and feel like they belong. We want to attract, retain and develop people at all levels and encourage applications from all suitably qualified candidates whatever your ethnicity, religion, age, physical or mental disability/ long term condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other characteristics protected by local law in the jurisdictions in which we operate.
INITIALLY THIS VACANCY WILL BE OPEN TO DIRECT APPLICANTS ONLY
THEREAFTER, THIS VACANCY WILL BE RELEASED TO OUR PSL AGENTS.
Note for agents:
- Once instructed all agency CVs should be submitted via the portal and any CVs submitted via our partners will be discounted and will not qualify as an introduction.
- Please note that NQ candidates can only be represented by one agent of their choice regardless of group/team, location.
- If a candidate submits a direct application for one role and then they are introduced by an agent for another, the candidate will have ownership of their own application for 3 months from the date of direct application made.