Managed Legal Services
With the increasing client demand for innovative delivery solutions, the Board of Pinsent Masons tasked one of the five practice groups (Vario Group) with developing and scaling up the firm's managed legal service (MLS) capabilities. This has led to rapidly expanding existing specialist MLS services, while also developing new solutions which can be deployed to support a larger and more diverse range of common or traditional matters.
This is a newly created role to support the growth of MLS and provides focus on our ability to mobilise and manage our client facing legal project engagements. MLS focus areas include contracting support, conveyancing, claims management, company secretarial, document review, class actions, among others.
As Senior PMO, you will take the lead in developing and managing our PMO capability, which will support the mobilisation and implementation of our client facing legal projects and services. The role will be a challenging and varied role, which will be at the cutting-edge of change in the legal and law firm sector. The successful candidate will have the ability to understand and assess business and change management needs at project level and will have experience of delivering complex projects working across multiple business functions, teams and geographies/jurisdictions.
If you are the ideal candidate for us, you will be a graduate, preferably with a project management qualification. In addition to this, you will have:
- Experience of working in an international business within the legal or professional services sector.
- Working experience of various project delivery methodologies and approaches, e.g. Agile, Waterfall, Scrum, Kanban etc.
- Demonstrable track record of client-facing project management skills, ideally within transformation programmes.
- An understanding law firm financial and performance metrics and the link between effective project/matter management, profitability and delivering value to clients would be beneficial.
- Experience of delivering legal services in an ALSP environment would be a bonus.
What can we offer you?
- Agile working i.e. the opportunity to work from home, subject to diary commitments;
- 25 days' annual leave entitlement and the opportunity to purchase or roll over 5 days;
- The ability to claim up to 5 days towards parental or caring responsibilities;
- Contributory pension of up to 5%;
- Private healthcare;
- Death in service cover (4 x base salary);
- Eligibility to apply for an interest free season ticket loan, an interest free gym membership loan and/or an interest free rental deposit loan;
- Cycle to work scheme;
- We envisage this role being full time, however, we are open to considering flexible working arrangements.
For any queries or for a copy of the full job description, please contact our in-house recruiter, Bhavika Upton. Please note we only accept CVs that are logged on the Recruitment portal.
At Pinsent Masons we value diversity and inclusion. We are committed to creating a better workplace where all our talent can succeed and feel like they belong. We want to attract, retain and develop people at all levels and encourage applications from all suitably qualified candidates whatever your ethnicity, religion, age, physical or mental disability/ long term condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other characteristics protected by local law in the jurisdictions in which we operate.