CMS are looking for a dedicated Assistant Paralegal or Paralegal to join our Legal Services Unit team in Glasgow or Edinburgh. This role will be focussed on supporting our thriving Real Estate team. About CMS
CMS is a Future Facing firm. With 79 offices in 45 countries and 5,000+ lawyers worldwide, we combine deep sector understanding with a global overview, giving us the ability not only to see what's coming, but to shape it.
CMS is well equipped to help our clients face the future with confidence. We are driven by technology and readily embrace the possibilities it opens up for developing new and better ways of delivering legal services. Our bold approach to a changing future ensures that we nurture our employees and recruit top talent. About the Role
CMS is seeking an Assistant Paralegal or an experienced Real Estate Paralegal to join our Legal Services Unit. The role is to support the Scottish Real Estate team at CMS who advise on property investment and development, landlord and tenant work, and purchases and sales, together with planning and disputes. Our clients include large development companies, banks, pension funds, private investors, and retail funds. Assistant Paralegal responsibilities will include:
* Set up and management of data rooms.
* Checking and inventorying deeds.
* Submitting and tracking searches.
* Land Register of Scotland applications.
* Assisting with file opening procedures including preparing the first draft of the retainer letter and ensuring compliance with money laundering regulations.
* Assistance with completion and post-completion registrations, forms, filing and client signing / reporting requirements. Paralegal Responsibilities will include:
* Managing a busy caseload of transactions, for example dealing with short term leases, licences to occupy, consents to assignation, licences for works, surrenders, deeds of variation and rent reviews.
* Managing straightforward sales and supporting larger / complex / portfolio purchases and sales, including the routine project management, title and tenancy diligence and preparation for completion.
* Carrying out title and/or occupational lease review exercises.
* Assisting with file opening procedures including preparing first draft of retainer letter and ensuring compliance with money laundering regulations.
* Set up and management of data rooms.
* Assistance with completion and post-completion registrations, forms, filing, and client signing / reporting requirements. About You
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual with a strong academic background. You will have a keen eye for detail with the ability to use your initiative whilst working on multiple tasks. You will have excellent organisational and time management skills and the ability to prioritise conflicting deadlines. Exceptional communication skills are necessary, as is the ability to work well in a team.
Either a degree in law or a paralegal qualification / previous Real Estate paralegal experience is required.
To be considered for the experienced Real Estate Paralegal role, you will also have experience of working as a Paralegal within a Real Estate legal environment. Equal Opportunities
At CMS, a next-generation mindset is woven into all we do. We're diverse, supportive and inclusive, embracing our corporate social responsibility and creating a culture of sustainability in which every one of our people, whatever their background, can maximise their potential and thrive.
For further information about CMS' diversity initiatives and programmes, please click here
to view the diversity pages on our website.
Please apply online or contact a member of the Talent Acquisition team if you have any questions. For information regarding our competitive range of benefits please visit our Rewards & Benefits
page on our website.
Please note that CMS have a preferred agency panel in place. Only applications submitted via the portal at the point of instruction will be accepted.#LI-PK1