Fantastic opportunity to join our fast paced Premises Team in London.
CMS is a Future Facing firm. With 75 offices in 43 countries and 4,800+ lawyers worldwide, we combine deep sector understanding with a global overview, giving us the ability not only to see what's coming, but to shape it.
CMS is well equipped to help our clients face the future with confidence. We are driven by technology and readily embrace the possibilities it opens up for developing new and better ways of delivering legal services. Our bold approach to a changing future ensures that we nurture our employees and recruit top talent.
About the Role
You will help provide exceptional client service to a forward-thinking law firm and be an integral part of the Premises & Property function. Working as part of the Premises team you will be responsible for a wide range of projects, moves and activities related to our entire CMS-CMNO global portfolio. You will also work with and assist colleagues in the Facilities & Procurement teams as necessary.
Duties and Responsibilities
To handle and perform the role in Project Management for Works mainly in UK and to support projects in other parts of the world. There will regularly be multiple projects running simultaneously.
The role may require irregular travel to offices outside of London, (ie Manchester, Liverpool and Scotland).
The delivering of successful mobilisation and demobilisation of projects and properties, including producing documentation, etc.
This includes internal and external stakeholder management / liaison.
General property management projects (including legacy projects).
General department operational support.
Manage, coordinate and control the delivery of projects from inception to completion including programming, design, entitlements, bidding, permitting, and construction management.
Delivery on projects across Property Management on time and following the agreed process (supported by subject matter experts where required).
Undertake regular project reviews and project planning meetings for the department.
Keep management in the loop by preparing project updates and presentations that showcase a project's value and status, highlights risks and creates mitigation plans.
Manage costs and keep track of all costs attributed to each project to enable cost recovery on projects
Budget and cost planning, cost management.
Health & safety management on the projects.
Key Performance Measures
Compliance with Health and Safety legislation.
On time and on budget closures of projects.
Project documentation including drawings and handover certificates .
- Firm knowledge of construction, architecture and MEPH services
- Firm knowledge and previous experience in commercial office-fit out
- Strong experience in professional services environments
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with executive level internal & external clients
- Organizational & detailed-oriented with the ability to prioritize and manage differing needs of the business.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products, basic knowledge of MS Office
- Independent, resourceful, possess keen ability to learn and with excellent work ethics.
- Ability to multi-task working within a team structure and independently.
- Assumes complete responsibility for assignments of moderate complexity, and continues to aggressively improve skill base.
- Quality management of the projects.
- Project documentation and reporting tools.
- Educational qualifications in the field of quantity surveying / building / project & construction management / engineering / architecture.
At CMS, a next-generation mindset is woven into all we do. We're diverse, supportive and inclusive, embracing our corporate social responsibility and creating a culture of sustainability in which every one of our people, whatever their background, can maximise their potential and thrive. For further information about CMS' diversity initiatives and programmes, please view the Diversity & Inclusion pages on our website.
Please apply online or contact a member of the Talent Acquisition team if you have any questions. For information regarding our competitive range of benefits please visit our Rewards & Benefits page on our website.
Please note that CMS have a preferred agency panel in place. Only applications submitted via the portal at the point of instruction will be accepted.