Ashurst is a leading progressive global law firm with a rich history, celebrating it's bicentenary in 2022. We are proud of our history and future-focused, having expanded into new technologies through our NewLaw division, Ashurst Advance, and our consulting arm. Our in-depth understanding of our clients and commitment to providing excellent standards of service have seen us become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law. To find out more please visit www.ashurst.com .
In order to comply with regulatory and client requirements, Ashurst will undertake appropriate vetting of staff. When applicants accept a job offer, Ashurst, alongside a specialist provider, will undertake professional verification and background checks. These checks are only undertaken with consent, and in accordance with our legal and regulatory obligations.
Ashurst's Global Business Development (BD) team is located in major cities across EMEA, Asia Pacific and the US. We execute the firm's clients and markets strategy by driving profitable growth with a specific focus on our chosen products, sectors and priority clients. We focus on improving our client experience, driving marketing campaigns, leveraging data analytics and client insights, significantly enhancing operational excellence and building out new BD capabilities.
We are a diverse team spanning the range of business to business, professional services and hands-on industry expertise. Our different perspectives and experiences enhance the outcomes we achieve and make us a fun and adaptable team.
As Senior Business Development Executive for the Finance teams, you will work closely with the Business Development Manager and Senior Business Development Manager as well as relevant Partners and Client Relationship Partners, to provide business development and marketing support. The role has particular focus on the delivery of the Finance business plans, relevant client account plans and related initiatives.
The role requires a bright and inquisitive mind-set with a natural interest in the challenges faced across the finance markets.
Client and market leadership
- Support the delivery of the finance go-to-market plan. This includes our approach to publications/briefings, thought leadership, alignment with industry bodies, prioritisation and organisation of industry conferences, and general events and profile raising initiatives across the industry.
- Support the delivery of client account strategies, and contribute to efforts relating to cross-selling, opportunity pipeline development, pursuit management, pricing and negotiation strategy.
- Proactively track industry and client developments and trends, spotting revenue generation opportunities and working with the Senior Business Development Manager to drive those opportunities to their conclusion.
- Draw on external and internal research, business analysis and competitor intelligence to support client facing meetings (including preparation of draft agendas), pursuits and proposals.
- Provide tactical and creative advice to Partners to help drive their marketing/BD efforts, regularly reviewing and reporting on progress versus objectives.
- Work with the events team to organise industry and/or client-specific events to meet operational and strategic objectives.
- Prepare and maintain marketing materials, including online content, client publications, pitch/pursuit material and capability statements, liaising with brand and comms teams as required.
- Support the delivery of directory/league table submissions, ensuring key industry messaging is included and all deadlines are met.
- Ensure client information is kept up to date on Ashurst systems.
- Proactively work the PR team on media opportunities to boost the team's profile.
- Assist in the management of BD budgets, ensuring spend is aligned to business plans.
- Contribute to central BD initiatives, as required.
- Develop excellent working relationships across the Partner Team, Priority Client Teams and other support services teams.
Risk and Control: Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with our regulatory requirements and internal policies.
Essential skills and experience:
- Tertiary qualification in business or relevant degree.
- Minimum 2-3 years experience in a similar role preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Excellent organisational, project management and delivery skills.
- Commercial awareness and ability to bring the client's perspective into the frame.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to effectively engage with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to switch between detail and the bigger picture.
- Positive attitude toward work and a desire to learn and develop.
- A team player flexible in their approach to work and willingness to go the extra mile.
- Enthusiastic and proactive, with the ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office products (Word, PowerPoint and Excel).
- Ability to prioritise a busy workload to meet deadlines.
- High level of confidentiality, discretion and diplomacy.
- Lateral thinker and the ability to overcome obstacles.
Desired skills and experience:
- Prior exposure to, or work experience in finance practice areas.
- Prior experience in the professional services sector.
- Experience with CRM software, such as InterAction.