Ashurst is a leading progressive global law firm with a rich history, celebrating it's bicentenary in 2022. We are proud of our history and future-focused, having expanded into new technologies through our NewLaw division, Ashurst Advance, and our consulting arm. Our in-depth understanding of our clients and commitment to providing excellent standards of service have seen us become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law. To find out more please visit www.ashurst.com.
We are currently looking for A Business Analyst on a 12 month FTC. This role will be based in our London office with hybrid working.
We are seeking an experienced Business Analyst to join the Ashurst Advance Digital/Information Technology team. The successful candidate will work closely with our digital products and services team, Ashurst Advance Digital, and our digital strategy team (both led by the firm's Chief Digital Officer) to support the development of new client platforms and solutions and, ultimately, the delivery of digital transformation within the firm. The role will involve working in partnership with design, technology, legal and client teams, as well as external consultants, employing Agile and lean methodologies, adaptive project management and human-centred design principles. In addition to providing hands-on support, there is the opportunity to help us to refine and shape our development processes and best practice. Beyond having the requisite prior experience on paper, being an excellent and collaborative communicator, demonstrating proactive behaviour and problem solving skills will be significant differentiators in our recruitment process.
- Lead requirements analysis, definition, validation and verification, ensuring that requirement statements or user stories are complete, traceable and unambiguous; as well as proportionate and truly useful.
- Creates process models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide direction where required for delivery.
- Collaborate with project sponsors to determine project scope / vision and help inform project artefacts relating to these such as a business case
- Elicit requirements using interviews, workshops, use cases, scenarios and other techniques; or develop requirements from UX designs.
- Manage, prioritise and enhance user requirements or product backlogs as appropriate, using change control processes where necessary
- Prepare clear and concise documentation, and supporting materials in relation to specific projects
- Experience as a Business Analyst with a proven track record of successful project delivery in a professional services company, ideally a law firm.
- Experience of gathering and managing technical details and requirements or user stories and acceptance criteria
- Able to learn understand and challenge current business processes and help to model new processes/ procedures
- Experience in a business analyst role on customer-facing technology projects with an application development or software product development scope within both agile and waterfall methodologies
- Working with cloud based technologies, preferably MS Azure
- Excellent analytical skills
- Able to listen to and understand customer requirements
- Able to operate within a project brief, reporting to the Project Manager as required
- Good knowledge of testing approaches/methods including automation and deployment pipelines.
- Awareness/exposure to different software development life cycles and methods
- Produce high level solutions/approaches, requiring systems analysis and design skills
- Assist with research and evaluation of software solutions from 3rd party suppliers and production of necessary deliverables such as tender documents, liaising with suppliers
- Able to manage small projects from inception to delivery
- A good technical background
- Experience of working on digital projects
- Working knowledge of different analysis techniques/methods, including requirements definition and specification, ERD/DFDs etc.
- Familiarity with MS DevOps
- Strong requirements elicitation skills
- Familiar with business application components and application migration
- Working within a structured project framework but also able to adapt and change and self-start in less certain environments
- Knowledge of legal back office systems such as Document Management, HR and Practice Management systems
- Familiar with MS Office for documentation
- Knowledge of Web technologies and n-tier architecture
- Knowledge of client-server architecture
- RDBMS understanding (MS SQL Server)
- Familiar with Windows 10
- Familiar with ITIL, Prince 2, Agile