Ashurst is a leading progressive global law firm with a rich history, celebrating it's bicentenary in 2022. We are proud of our history and future-focused, having expanded into new technologies through our NewLaw division, Ashurst Advance, and our consulting arm. Our in-depth understanding of our clients and commitment to providing excellent standards of service have seen us become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law. To find out more please visit www.ashurst.com .
In order to comply with regulatory and client requirements, Ashurst will undertake appropriate vetting of staff. When applicants accept a job offer, Ashurst, alongside a specialist provider, will undertake professional verification and background checks. These checks are only undertaken with consent, and in accordance with our legal and regulatory obligations.
The Change & Business Improvement function is engaged in the delivery of a core part of the firm's business plan to help drive performance to meet the goals of the 2023 strategy, and enable the firm to build and provide market leading business services. This includes making organisation changes (including processes and changes to service delivery) which allows the firm to be able to respond to the changing demands of clients, evolving technology and market efficiency drives, and embrace different ways of working.
This role will be working as part of the Service Management Programme, working closely with existing Change and Communication team members to successfully navigate impacted users through changes.
- Working alongside the Service Management Change Manager, play a key role in how the team delivers and embeds change.
- Prepare people for the change, to minimise its impact on individuals and the business, and to enable the firm to realise expected benefits.
- Support delivery of the change management activities for assigned projects in the Service Management Programme.
- These include stakeholder mapping and engagement plans, identifying benefits, change impact assessments, managing change agent networks and post go live adoption activities.
- Support key business areas with business readiness planning and business readiness workshops.
- Work collaboratively with the Change and Communications teams to manage internal and external communications to all levels of stakeholders both business and functional.
- Work collaboratively with the Learning and Development team to manage the training of impacted individuals including inputting into the build of materials and their delivery.
- Help to build effective relationships with stakeholders to raise their awareness and understanding of the change, manage expectations about what the change will and won't deliver, and to win their support and active participation where required in the delivery of change activities and adoption of new working practices.
- Work with internal programme teams to manage dependencies on change activities and ensure the change approach is understood.
- Work within the Business Change function to ensure there is a consistent approach to change management across the firm.
- Input to maintain the Change Roadmap and manage associated risks and issues.
Risk and Control: Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with our regulatory requirements and internal policies.
Essential skills and experience:
- Experience of managing business change.
- Ability to deliver effective change management in a fast paced project environment without compromising quality.
- Knowledge of change management disciplines, approaches, tools and methodologies.
- Ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively across all levels both verbally and in writing.
- Working within a structured project framework.
- A good eye for detail; ability to work accurately and effectively even when under pressure.
- Able to learn and understand current business processes and help to model new processes/procedures.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent knowledge of all elements of the project lifecycle.
- Tactful and diplomatic when in pressured situations.
- Excellent presentation, written and communication skills.
- Uses initiative - 'can do' approach.
- Effective time management, balancing conflicting priorities and managing own workload to meet deadlines.
- Client focused.
Desired skills and experience:
- Effective change management in an Agile environment.
- Experience of working within a legal / professional services environment.
- Ability to influence business functions to adhere to best practice.