QUALITY ASSURANCE ANALYST - Any UK Office
We have a fantastic opportunity for two Quality Assurance Analysts to work with Quality Assurance management and Head of Product Engineering to implement quality assurance and control standards for all products and services delivered to the firm. The successful candidates will work with the Product Engineering team and other release and deployment teams in delivering high-value products to the business which are 'fit for purpose'.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with QA management to assist with the implementation of quality assurance control measures and testing standards for new applications, products and/or enhancements to existing applications throughout their development/product lifecycles
- Utilise test management and test automation tools throughout projects and contribute to the evaluation of the overall effectiveness of the tools for implementation within the QA Team
- Analyse documentation and the technical requirements raising any queries to determine its intended function with relevant stakeholders
- Work with product and project stakeholders to scope the required tests, design the test strategy and estimate the overall test effort (size, approach, and schedule)
- Design test scripts for any existing / new services, software or products that are derived from projects and business requirements, ensuring that all new services and products follow the support transition and release control validation process
- Work with product and project stakeholders to co-ordinate on UAT initiatives, with a view to enabling test execution by business users, and collate all feedback
- Work collaboratively with QA management and technical teams to verify test environments are available and ready for testing (e.g., adding of data/users and builds)
- Conduct the execution of test cases. Actively monitor and analyse test results to discover and report any defects, errors or configuration issues. Communicate test progress and report back test results to product and project stakeholders.
- Collaborate with fellow QA peers to author and approve Test Summary Reports.
- Collaborate closely with Offshore and Nearshore development and test teams to ensure quality control practices for engineered products
- Any other duties as assigned by your Manager or Head of Product Engineering
We're interested in speaking to you if you have the following qualifications and experience:
- ISTQB Software Testing Foundation qualification or any other software testing/engineering qualification would be advantageous
- Further life cycle or capability qualifications in ITIL would be advantageous
- Previous experience of working in an IT testing capacity would be advantageous
- Previous stakeholder management experience
- Previous experience of executing test strategies and scripts
- Previous experience of Microsoft Office product suite and operating systems
- Working knowledge of change management processes
- Working knowledge of release and deployment processes would be advantageous
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Azure DevOps, or similar systems, would be advantageous
- A technical background is desirable
What can we offer you?
- Hybrid working – mix of office and work from home
- 25 days' annual leave entitlement and the opportunity to purchase or roll over 5 days;
- The ability to claim up to 5 days towards parental or caring responsibilities;
- Contributory pension of up to 5%;
- Private healthcare;
- Death in service cover (4 x base salary);
- Eligibility to apply for an interest free season ticket loan, an interest free gym membership loan and/or an interest free rental deposit loan;
- Cycle to work scheme;
- We envisage this role being full time, however, we are open to considering flexible working arrangements.
For any queries or for a copy of the full job description, please contact our in-house recruiter, Sim Dhonsi. Please note we only accept CVs that are logged on the Recruitment portal.
At Pinsent Masons we value diversity and inclusion. We are committed to creating a better workplace where all our talent can succeed and feel like they belong. We want to attract, retain and develop people at all levels and encourage applications from all suitably qualified candidates whatever your ethnicity, religion, age, physical or mental disability/ long term condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other characteristics protected by local law in the jurisdictions in which we operate.