CONSENTING PLANNING LAWYERS 2-5 YRS PQE – REGIONAL (BIRMINGHAM, LEEDS, MANCHESTER, EDINBURGH, GLASGOW OR BELFAST)
We are currently looking to recruit consenting lawyers to join our market leading Planning & Environment, Energy & Infrastructure team. We are ideally looking to recruit candidates who have between 2-5 years' PQE experience with a focus on all or any of the Planning Act 2008, the Transport and Works Act 1992, the Town and Country Planning Act 1990, compulsory acquisition/purchase and compensation matters, EIA/HRA, inquiries/examinations and judicial review. Depending on experience, successful candidates will either work predominantly with our Energy & Infrastructure consenting team or our Development Planning consenting team.
What our Planning & Environment team is known for:
We are the largest dedicated planning team in the UK with specialists covering a wide range of major projects across the Energy, Infrastructure and Real Estate sectors. Within our team, we have lawyers who predominantly work in the Energy and Infrastructure sectors and lawyers who predominantly work in the Real Estate sector. We are looking for candidates who have the experience and would like to work alongside these lawyers.
Our Energy & Infrastructure consenting specialists are advising on some of the country’s most high profile projects, covering all forms of energy, such as offshore wind, large scale solar, carbon capture plants, nuclear, energy networks and pipelines, and infrastructure, such as water infrastructure, airports, new roads, rail, and rapid transit systems. Key clients in these sectors include;
- Drax Power
- National Highways
- Transport for London
- Heathrow Airport
- Southern Water
Work highlights include:
- Advising Orsted on its Development Consent Orders for Hornsea Offshore Wind Farms Projects 3 and 4;
- Advising on the largest utility scale solar and battery farm Development Consent Order;
- Advising on the country’s leading carbon capture projects for BP, Drax and Cory;
- Securing planning permission for Southampton Airport’s runway extension and successfully defending the permission in the High Court;
- Advising National Highways on the successful DCO application for the £1.9bn A303 Amesbury to Berwick Down scheme (the Stonehenge Tunnel).
Our Development Planning consenting specialists advise on market leading projects for a range of public and private sector clients. Our work includes major urban regeneration schemes, tall buildings, estate regeneration, residential, commercial and sport developments, Garden Settlements and over-station developments. Key clients include:
- Greater London Authority
- Land Securities
- Ministry of Defence
- London Legacy Development Corporation
Work highlights include:
- Advising Elephant & Castle Properties on all planning aspects of the redevelopment of Elephant & Castle shopping centre and London College of Communication (University of the Arts London) in the London Borough of Southwark to provide new facilities;
- Advising the City of London Corporation on all planning matters relating to its promotion of the Salisbury Square Development;
- Advising Land Securities on all planning matters in order to secure planning permission for Landsec’s Timber Square, a net zero carbon office development in Lavington Street;
- Advising Havering and Wates Regeneration LLP on a £1bn regeneration programme to regenerate 12 estates across the London Borough of Havering;
- Advised the Wellcome Trust on all planning related matters concerning the Wellcome Genome Campus Expansion Project at Hinxton, South Cambridgeshire.
The Candidate Required
The successful candidate will ideally have gained experience with a large regional or national practice. They will have a strong academic background and an outgoing personality. Candidates must be technically excellent but equally important, commercially aware and enthusiastic about, and demonstrate a track record of, business development. They will be a team player with a strong client focussed approach.
Lawyers joining this friendly and dynamic team will encounter a broad range of work, acting for a range of high profile clients on large and nationally significant transactions. Whilst the successful candidate will sit within our UK national Property Group, they will have close links to our Energy and Infrastructure Sectors (where the candidate predominantly does energy and infrastructure consenting), and our Real Estate Sector (where the candidate predominantly does development planning consenting).
What will we offer you?
- We are a market leading, dynamic and growing team who work together to produce outstanding results for our clients.
- We invest in our team and have a first class training and career development programme, monthly 121s, career discussions and biannual appraisals. Our training reflects our position as a market leader in communications and sourcing. Our training will assist you to develop as a specialist with valuable sector knowledge and the ability to deliver "best of breed" services.
- Early responsibility and opportunities to develop client relationships.
Pinsent Masons has achieved more tier 1 rankings in The Legal 500 UK guide than any other firm, won the "Law Firm of the Year Award 2019 – Legal Business" for the second time and is recognised among the most innovative law firms in Europe by the Financial Times. Pinsent Masons was also named Law Firm of the Year 2018 by The Lawyer, and is ranked No 4 on the UK Stonewall Workplace Equality Index 2020 and named as one of Stonewall’s Top Global Employers 2020.
Should you require further details, please contact our in house Lateral Recruitment Advisor Anwen Wallington who can discuss the role and requirements.
At Pinsent Masons we value diversity and inclusion. We are committed to creating a better workplace where all our talent can succeed and feel like they belong. We want to attract, retain and develop people at all levels and encourage applications from all suitably qualified candidates whatever your ethnicity, religion, age, physical or mental disability/ long term condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other characteristics protected by local law in the jurisdictions in which we operate.