Banking Lawyer – 0-3 PQE
Edinburgh or Glasgow
We are currently looking to recruit junior banking lawyers to join our expanding Central Scotland team.
Our Scotland Team
Our market-leading team is known for its broad banking and financing expertise, which includes leveraged finance, real estate finance and corporate banking. It is also active in more specialist areas of finance, including bank structural reform projects, central bank advisory work, and loan portfolio sale and purchase transactions. Our objective is to work on market-leading, high-profile transactions.
Key Clients Include:
- The Royal Bank of Scotland plc
- Bank of Scotland plc
- HSBC UK Bank plc
- Homes England
- Clydesdale Bank plc
- Legal & General Investment Management Limited
- Santander UK plc
- Scottish National Investment Bank
- Advised NatWest Group on their £3.1bn acquisition of a mortgage loan portfolio from Metro Bank.
- Advised Bank of Scotland and Scottish National Investment Bank on their financing of Circulatory Scotland Limited, the operator of Scotland’s new Deposit Return Scheme.
- Advised RBS and Barclays on their £200m financing of Regional REIT plc.
- Advised The Silvertown Partnership LLP on a £233m term facility from Homes England for the development of a mixed-use site at Silvertown Quays, London.
- Advised a club of seven UK, US and Canadian lenders in relation to the financing increase to Centurion Group, a global leader in the supply of critical services to the energy industries.
The Candidate Required
We are now looking to appoint ambitious junior lawyers who wish to advance their career at a top tier banking and finance practice.
Any successful applicant will:
- ideally have gained experience in a large commercial firm in banking, corporate, real estate or projects
- have a strong academic background
- have good commercial awareness and be client-focused
- be a team player with the ability to forge strong working relationships
- be well-organised and have good project management skills
What will we offer you?
- Exposure to market-leading, high-profile transactions
- We invest in our team and have a first-class training and career development programme
- Early responsibility and opportunities to develop client relationships
- Genuine long-term career prospects
To apply for this role
Should you require further details, please contact our in-house Recruitment Advisor Anwen Wallington who can discuss the role and requirements.
At Pinsent Masons we value diversity and inclusion. We are committed to creating a better workplace where all our talent can succeed and feel like they belong. We want to attract, retain and develop people at all levels and encourage applications from all suitably qualified candidates whatever your ethnicity, religion, age, physical or mental disability/ long term condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other characteristics protected by local law in the jurisdictions in which we operate.