JIRA Administrator / Technical Lead (JIRA)
We are currently looking for a JIRA Administrator to join our Product Services team in any of our UK offices.
Our Technology Services group is on a mission to revolutionise the way we are seen across the firm by working as one team to consistently meet or exceed client expectations; delivering pragmatic and quality solutions to the business; and enhancing our people, processes, and technology.
Our technology led innovations across the firm have given us a leading position and recognisable brand in the market. We have an ambitious programme in place to continue to transform the way we deliver legal service solutions for our clients and industrialise the innovative solutions we have created thus far.
The Product Services department delivers products and solutions for use by the business and its clients using low code / no code (LC/NC) technologies.
We are looking for a strong Jira Administrator to support our Atlassian application suite (Jira software/service management/confluence Server/DC environments). This position would be responsible for supporting, maintaining, and extending our Atlassian suite in the first instance, with additional responsibilities of administration in Jira Cloud. Within this role, you will be a key point of contact for Jira implementation and work alongside multiple teams to effectively manage and deliver projects & process improvements within the business. The role holder will have the title of 'Technical Lead (JIRA)'.
What we're looking for
The successful candidate will have a growth mindset and display the personal qualities/behaviours we require.
If you are the right candidate for us, you will hold the following skills and experience:
- Significant experience administrating Atlassian products (Jira JSM/JSW, Confluence)
- Strong knowledge and familiarity with JQL.
- Very strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of Agile, Scrum and Kanban methodologies.
- Strong knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite is essential.
- Proven experience with client/stakeholder communication and relationship management.
- Experience in training, coaching and mentoring of others in software development specific to low code / no code or more generally.
- Exposure / experience in migrating projects from on-premises Jira instances to Atlassian Cloud (JSM/JSW/Confluence).
What will make you stand out is experience in the following:
- Analysis of workflows & best fits for Jira processes & functionality (including automation) to meet stakeholder/business needs.
- Working alongside portfolio & programme leadership to support best practises in project & portfolio tracking (progress, RAID logs etc), as well as developing effective dashboards and reports.
- Bringing knowledge of best practice to the Programme, offering new ways the Atlassian suite could be used more effectively.
- Have experience of PowerBI Integration for delivery of reporting functionality
- Experience extending Atlassian products with code development (Java & ScriptRunner).
- Experience integrating Atlassian products with other systems via API endpoints
- In-depth experience in migration from on-premises Jira instances to Atlassian Cloud (JSM/JSW/Confluence) including functionality differences, project and plugin migration/configuration as well as overall lifecycle management of the on-prem to cloud journey.
- Previous experience of delivering innovation and transformation in legal service delivery.
- Previous experience of implementing legal technology solutions to improve legal service delivery.
- A good knowledge of the current challenges facing the legal market.
What can we offer you?
- Hybrid working – mix of office and work from home
- 25 days' annual leave entitlement and the opportunity to purchase or roll over 5 days;
- The ability to claim up to 5 days towards parental or caring responsibilities;
- Contributory pension of up to 5%;
- Private healthcare;
- Death in service cover (4 x base salary);
- Eligibility to apply for an interest free season ticket loan, an interest free gym membership loan and/or an interest free rental deposit loan;
- Cycle to work scheme;
- We envisage this role being full time, however, we are open to considering flexible working arrangements.
For any queries or for a copy of the full job description, please contact our in-house recruiter, Sim Dhonsi. Please note we only accept CVs that are logged on the Recruitment portal.
At Pinsent Masons we value diversity and inclusion. We are committed to creating a better workplace where all our talent can succeed and feel like they belong. We want to attract, retain and develop people at all levels and encourage applications from all suitably qualified candidates whatever your ethnicity, religion, age, physical or mental disability/ long term condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other characteristics protected by local law in the jurisdictions in which we operate