Product Services Engineer
This is an excellent opportunity to help industrialise our market leading Product Services team within Pinsent Masons.
The Product Services team are part of our Technology Services group, who are made up from diverse backgrounds including law graduates, service desk analysts and business operation support roles. Technology Services is on a mission to revolutionise the way we are seen across the firm by working as one team to consistently meet or exceed client expectations; delivering pragmatic and quality solutions to the business; and enhancing our people, processes and technology.
As a Product Services Engineer, you will be responsible for managing service requests to bespoke our products and solutions (using capabilities including document automation and case and task management) and maintaining such configurations once implemented.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Configuring products and solutions using the firm's technical capabilities.
- Consideration of service requests working with others to determine if requirements can be met utilising the existing capabilities or whether a new capability is required.
- Providing support, investigating and documenting any issues, co-ordinating with system developers to resolve issues.
- Producing guides to support internal and external clients in using the products/solutions.
- Training those that will use the products and solutions in how to use the systems and follow best practice.
- Administration (e.g. password and user management) of products and solutions including handling client queries.
- Assisting in the creation, documentation and implementation of processes for servicing product requests within the team (working with the team lead).
- Implement the processes and tools as directed by the team lead for the continual improvement of service requests to the team.
- Reporting against KPI's to the team lead.
- Building relationships between the team and those that interact with it including the Portal Services team, the Product Engineering team, Head of Product, Product and Solution Delivery Managers, Product Owners, Client Consulting and fee earners.
- Fostering collaboration and knowledge sharing, suggesting ideas for continually improving the effectiveness of the team.
- Proactively archiving solutions that are no longer needed.
- Assisting with projects such as software upgrades relating to the services provided by the team.
- Representing the team at internal and, where necessary, external events to help raise the profile of the team.
- Keeping abreast of emerging document assembly technologies and languages, and their applicability/suitability to Pinsent Masons.
The ideal candidate will be highly proficient in the use of IT and have an interest in developing their technical skills in the legal technology space. They will have a willingness to follow documented processes with a strong attention to detail. Training will be provided however this is a hands-on technical role.
We are also keen to hear from candidates who are highly experienced in working with legal documents, experienced in other expert logic systems or those with experience of delivering a service to end users as part of a service desk.
The successful candidate will have a growth mindset and display the personal qualities we are looking for, including:
- Fast learner with ability to use logic to solve complex problems
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to understand and take complex design briefs from an end user
- Self-motivated and capable of working autonomously as well as working collaboratively with a geographically dispersed team
- Committed to excellent service delivery with a positive can-do approach.
- Handles change well and can adapt to manage/prioritise a varied and busy workload.
- Uses own initiative, shares ideas and knowledge to improve ways of working for self and others.
- Demonstrates professionalism in appearance and manner; is resilient, patient and calm under pressure and cooperates with others.
- Reliable, hard-working and produces high quality outputs of work.
- Displays good self-awareness, listens to feedback from others with a commitment to drive own personal development goals and re-use learning experiences for future initiatives.
- Exhibits approach and behaviours consistent with the firm's core values.
What can we offer you?
- Hybrid working – mix of office and work from home
- 25 days' annual leave entitlement and the opportunity to purchase or roll over 5 days;
- The ability to claim up to 5 days towards parental or caring responsibilities;
- Contributory pension of up to 5%;
- Private healthcare;
- Death in service cover (4 x base salary);
- Eligibility to apply for an interest free season ticket loan, an interest free gym membership loan and/or an interest free rental deposit loan;
- Cycle to work scheme;
- We envisage this role being full time, however, we are open to considering flexible working arrangements.
For any queries or for a copy of the full job description, please contact our in-house recruiter, Sim Dhonsi. Please note we only accept CVs that are logged on the Recruitment portal.
At Pinsent Masons we value diversity and inclusion. We are committed to creating a better workplace where all our talent can succeed and feel like they belong. We want to attract, retain and develop people at all levels and encourage applications from all suitably qualified candidates whatever your ethnicity, religion, age, physical or mental disability/ long term condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other characteristics protected by local law in the jurisdictions in which we operate.