Product & Solutions Delivery Manager
Our technology led innovations across the firm have given us a leading position and recognisable brand in the market. We have an ambitious programme in place to continue to transform the way we deliver legal service solutions for our clients and industrialise the innovative solutions we have created thus far.
Our Product & Solutions Delivery Managers (PSDM) are assigned to each of our practice groups with this particular role working with Vario, our professional services group, covering Diversity & Inclusion consultancy, Technology and Process consultancy, Flexible Lawyer Services, Legal Project Management and Managed Legal Services.
The Product & Solutions Delivery Manager will ultimately be responsible for:
- assisting the Group leadership team in the strategic business planning around technology innovation
- fostering a culture of innovative thinking, engagement and idea generation across the Group
- supporting the group in the development, delivery and management of transformational change through application of new and existing legal technology products and solutions – both externally and internally facing
- acting as the bridge between the practice group and the firmwide technology services teams
- working with relevant teams to create, own and deliver a consistent and ongoing education programme about current technologies (platforms, capabilities, products and solutions) available for use both internally and externally by our clients
- ensuring the Groups are kept informed and updated on ongoing strategic technology programmes and projects, assisting in the change management process
The role will report to the Head of Product & Solutions Delivery, with a close working relationship with the Head of Vario, leaders of the various Vario teams, and the broader Technology Services teams.
Main duties and responsibilities
- In collaboration with the practice group's teams:
- build solid understanding of existing processes and client requirements in the Group in order to identify opportunities for improved service delivery through process improvements or application of technology platforms, capabilities, products or solutions
- identify new revenue opportunities for the group and work with the relevant stakeholders to document business cases to be presented to the board for prioritisation
- assist with the development and translation of the group's innovation strategy into an achievable technology Road Map, setting out key milestones that can be communicated back to the group management team through the business planning process.
- leverage the firm’s Idea Management platform to capture input across the group and work to document and prioritise strategically aligned ideas using the firm's Advanced Delivery and proposal review group models.
- Work with the Vario Managed Legal Services leadership team and Solutions teams to coordinate the design and delivery of the technology aspect of any managed legal service with input into it’s ongoing interative development
- Work with the Product Owners and wider Technology Services teams (Product Engineering, Product Services, Strategy & Enterprise Architecture and Business Change) and other SMEs to:
- Assemble and manage project teams for the development and delivery of technology products and solutions for each team in the Group in line with their strategy and priorities.
- Analyse ways of combining technologies (whether developed in-house or off-the-shelf platforms, products and solutions) with processes in order to create new solutions that increase efficiency and value for our clients and fee earners.
- Support the teams in managing the delivery and launch of new technology products and solutions, including testing, training, marketing (internal and external), establishing success metrics, collating feedback and coordinating on-going improvement and maintenance.
- Work closely with all of Technology Services, Knowledge and other teams who have an ownership or management of technologies and technology-based change to:
- create, own and deliver a consistent and ongoing education programme about current technologies (platforms, capabilities, products and solutions) available for use both internally and externally by our clients
- keep the teams informed and updated on ongoing strategic technology programmes and projects
- handle change management and raise the awareness, reputation and profile of all technologies (enterprise, knowledge, platforms, capabilities, products and solutions) amongst the Group's teams, including presenting at team meetings/away days.
- Build awareness of functional offerings for off-the-shelf vendor products that could be used to solve identified requirements within the group. Partnering with the relevant internal teams to ensure proposed vendors are compliant with internal policies
- Work with the other group aligned and regional Product & Solutions Delivery Managers to ensure that we maximise the potential use and engagement of Platforms, Products, Capabilities and Solutions across all groups and international regions
- Cultivate an environment of trust and respect that delivers change through collaboration.
- Attend legal technology and innovation industry events.
If you are the right candidate for us, you will hold the following skills and experience:
- Previous experience working within a professional services environment is desirable; experience of working in the legal sector (private practice or in-house) is also helpful but not necessary.
- Previous experience of process mapping and improvement is desirable.
- Previous experience of delivering innovation and transformation in legal service delivery is desirable.
- Previous experience of implementing legal technology solutions to improve legal service delivery is desirable.
- Proven experience with client/stakeholder communication and relationship management.
- Proven experience working with technology and change teams using a matrix management approach.
What can we offer you?
- Agile working i.e. the opportunity to work from home, subject to diary commitments;
- 25 days' annual leave entitlement and the opportunity to purchase or roll over 5 days;
- The ability to claim up to 5 days towards parental or caring responsibilities;
- Contributory pension of up to 5%;
- Private healthcare;
- Death in service cover (4 x base salary);
- Eligibility to apply for an interest free season ticket loan, an interest free gym membership loan and/or an interest free rental deposit loan;
- Cycle to work scheme;
- We envisage this role being full time, however, we are open to considering flexible working arrangements.
For any queries or for a copy of the full job description, please contact our in-house recruiter, Sim Dhonsi. Please note we only accept CVs that are logged on the Recruitment portal.
At Pinsent Masons we value diversity and inclusion. We are committed to creating a better workplace where all our talent can succeed and feel like they belong. We want to attract, retain and develop people at all levels and encourage applications from all suitably qualified candidates whatever your ethnicity, religion, age, physical or mental disability/ long term condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other characteristics protected by local law in the jurisdictions in which we operate.