PROJECTS (ENERGY & CONSTRUCTION) NQ
Our Projects Ireland Team is expanding. We are now looking for a newly qualified lawyer to join our team in Belfast. The focus of this role will be to support the energy & construction practice as part of the wider Projects Ireland Team.
The Projects Ireland Team
The Projects Ireland team operates as a single unit in the wider energy and infrastructure sectors across Ireland operating out of the Belfast and Dublin offices.
Richard Murphy (Partner) heads up our energy team across Belfast and Dublin, with a particular interest in the renewables space.
Ciaran McNamara (Legal Director) heads up our construction practice across Belfast and Dublin, with a key focus on construction, infrastructure, and renewables.
The Projects Ireland Team is currently comprised of 9 lawyers and we are seeking to grow the team further.
The Team has an unrivalled reputation in acting for a wide range of clients in the construction, infrastructure, and energy sectors.
Key Clients include:
- Sacyr SA
- Sacyr Somague SA
- Capital Dynamics
- EDF Renewables
- SUSI Partners
- NTR Plc
- Energia Group
- Firmus Energy
- Mutual Energy Group
What our clients say
‘Local knowledge combined with legal expertise. Excellent commercial guidance.’
‘Great energy team lead by Richard Murphy, up to speed on latest policy and regulatory issues.’
"Ciaran McNamara provides advice at key stages on a range of construction matters from inception to project completion. He is very knowledgeable on all forms of contract and brings a very practical insight to matters at hand."
- Advised Flogas on the acquisition of Budget Energy
- Advised the EDF Group on its move into Ireland by acquiring 50% of the Codling offshore wind project from Hazel Shore
- Advising NTR Plc on the €370 refinancing of its 220MW onshore wind portfolio
- Sacyr on the development of the University of Ulster Greater Belfast Campus
- Statkraft on the installation and operation of Ireland's first grid-scale battery storage project
- A leading investor in the all-island market on the acquisition of several wind farm projects in Northern Ireland in line with its strategy to grow its wind generation portfolio to 300MW
- Advised SUSI Partners on the acquisition and construction of a consented, ready to build battery storage project in Ireland
- Mutual Energy on the Gas to the West project, a major energy infrastructure project to extend the natural gas network in Northern Ireland.
We are now looking to appoint a newly qualified lawyer into our Projects Ireland Team
The successful applicant will:
- ideally have completed a seat in Projects, Energy, Construction or Corporate in a City firm or large regional practice with an emphasis on non-contentious work
- have a strong academic background and excellent communication and organisational skills
- be a team player with the ability to forge strong working relationships with colleagues and clients in an agile environment
- be well-organised and have good project management skills
What will we offer you?
- We are a market leading, dynamic and growing global team who work together to produce outstanding results for our clients.
- We invest in our team and have a first-class training and career development programme, 1-2-1s, career discussions and biannual appraisals. Our training will assist you to develop as a specialist with valuable sector knowledge and the ability to deliver "best of breed" services.
- Early responsibility and opportunities to develop client relationships.
- A starting salary of £40k (effective from September 2022) and benefits package including a bonus scheme
To apply for this role
Should you require further details, please contact our in-house Recruitment Advisor Haseeb Khan who can discuss the role and requirements.
At Pinsent Masons we value diversity and inclusion. We are committed to creating a better workplace where all our talent can succeed and feel like they belong. We want to attract, retain and develop people at all levels and encourage applications from all suitably qualified candidates whatever your ethnicity, religion, age, physical or mental disability/ long term condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other characteristics protected by local law in the jurisdictions in which we operate.
INITIALLY THIS VACANCY WILL BE OPEN TO DIRECT APPLICANTS ONLY
THEREAFTER, THIS VACANCY WILL BE RELEASED TO OUR PSL AGENTS.
Note for agents:
- Once instructed all agency CVs should be submitted via the portal and any CVs submitted via our partners will be discounted and will not qualify as an introduction.
- Please note that NQ candidates can only be represented by one agent of their choice regardless of group/team, location.
- If a candidate submits a direct application for one role and then they are introduced by an agent for another, the candidate will have ownership of their own application for 3 months from the date of direct application made.