Business Analyst - 12 Month Fixed Term Contract
We are looking for a Business Analyst to join our Business Change team on a 12 month FTC (maternity cover).
The Business Change team is responsible for delivery of enterprise-wide programmes and projects, mostly sponsored by the Business Operations and Finance functions. The team also works alongside the Product and Solutions Delivery team to support the creation of legal service and other technology products. The change portfolio of work is broad in range and includes business process improvements, business transformation and technology implementations, often working with a third-party supplier or solution provider. The Business Change team works closely with other teams in Technology Services, together ensuring that all aspects of complex change projects are delivered successfully.
This role is responsible for introducing and managing business change by defining the business needs and identifying solutions, impacts, problems and risks to deliver change successfully on a broad range of change programmes and projects, including business transformation, process improvement and technology design/implementation.
Reporting to a Senior Business Analyst, the candidate will work collaboratively with other members in Business Change and the wider Technology Services teams to support the delivery of effective and valuable change in the organisation.
The ideal candidate will be a strong business analyst with a background in process improvement, who is able to work with minimal supervision and is passionate about improving business solutions and ways of working. The successful candidate will be well organised with excellent communication skills and the ability to manage and prioritise multiple responsibilities. An analytical but pragmatic approach to problem-solving is essential combined with commercial awareness to ensure that requirements are achievable and aligned with the firm's strategy.
The role will work closely with fellow team members in the Business Change team and will also need to quickly build strong working relationships with all levels of staff outside the team, from senior project sponsors and stakeholders to delivery teams and external third parties. What will set you apart is experience of working with Agile methodologies to enable the business to innovate faster, create value quicker and delight customers sooner.
Qualifications and relevant experience required:
- Educated to a degree level standard or equivalent
- Business Analysis / Agile / Process Improvement / Lean accreditation preferred.
- Experience working as a business analyst within a programme and project delivery environment, ideally on a mix of technology and business change projects across the full project lifecycle
- Experience of working in a programme and project delivery function in an international organisation
- Experience of working in the legal sector or professional services and an understanding of legal business processes
- Proven experience with process modelling including the use of appropriate modelling tools, techniques, and standards
- Proven experience of following business analysis best practices, policies, procedures, and processes with the ability to adapt them as appropriate to meet the specific needs of the change programme or project
What can we offer you?
- Agile working i.e. the opportunity to work from home, subject to diary commitments;
- 25 days' annual leave entitlement and the opportunity to purchase or roll over 5 days;
- The ability to claim up to 5 days towards parental or caring responsibilities;
- Contributory pension of up to 5%;
- Private healthcare;
- Death in service cover (4 x base salary);
- Eligibility to apply for an interest free season ticket loan, an interest free gym membership loan and/or an interest free rental deposit loan;
- Cycle to work scheme;
- We envisage this role being full time, however, we are open to considering flexible working arrangements.
For any queries or for a copy of the full job description, please contact our in-house recruiter, Sim Dhonsi. Please note we only accept CVs that are logged on the Recruitment portal.
At Pinsent Masons we value diversity and inclusion. We are committed to creating a better workplace where all our talent can succeed and feel like they belong. We want to attract, retain and develop people at all levels and encourage applications from all suitably qualified candidates whatever your ethnicity, religion, age, physical or mental disability/ long term condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other characteristics protected by local law in the jurisdictions in which we operate.