CLIENT & MATTER RATES ADMINISTRATOR (12 MONTH FTC)
We currently have a fantastic opportunity for a Client & Matter Rates Administrator on a 12 month fixed term contract. This role will be based from our Birmingham office.
In this role you will ensure firm wide client rate agreements are set up in Aderant in a timely manner to ensure clients are billed at the correct rates and that the billable value of WIP is correctly reflected in the Firm's books.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Ensure the rates agreed with all clients Firm wide (i.e. including our international offices) are set up in Aderant in a timely manner. This could be either for an existing or new client of the firm.
- Ensure rates are set up in the Aderant Experts Rates module and that the necessary checks are performed to ensure the rates have been set up correctly.
- Where a client agreement contains reduced rates in respect of soft disbursements ensure that the appropriate rate set is attached at client level.
- After attaching the agreed rates for fees, and disbursements where applicable, to a client all WIP already recorded to the first client matter should be revalued so that the agreed rates are applied to the WIP.
- For each new agreement ensure that rates anniversary dates are entered into the appropriate module in Aderant. These dates are key for ensuring client agreements are reviewed (at least) annually.
- Undertake periodic checks of the client rates held on Atlas to ensure they are consistent with those held in Aderant.
- Provide the Billing Manager with any relevant documentation extracted from any Client Service Agreements in which the client is offered a Volume Rebate or a Value Account.
- Assist in the monitoring of emails received into the client rates and the Milton inboxes.
- Full guidance as to the processes and procedure for the client rates administrator role are contained in the client rates procedure document (insert doc number)
Our preferred candidate will have previous experience of working within a law firm in a similar position would be desirable but not essential
A team player who has the ability to use own initiative and prioritise workload within a busy environment.
- Agile working i.e. the opportunity to work from home, subject to diary commitments;
- 25 days annual leave entitlement and the opportunity to purchase or roll over 5 days;
- The opportunity to claim up to five additional days' leave towards parental and/or caring responsibilities
- Contributory pension of up to 5%;
- Private healthcare;
- Death in service cover (4 x base salary);
- Eligibility to apply for an interest free season ticket loan, an interest free gym membership loan and/or an interest free rental deposit loan;
- Cycle to work scheme.
- We envisage this role being a full time position, however, we are open to considering flexible working arrangements.
For any queries or for a copy of the full job description, please contact our Senior Recruitment Advisor, Glenn Wilshaw. Please note we only accept CVs that are logged on the Recruitment portal.
At Pinsent Masons we value diversity and inclusion. We are committed to creating a better workplace where all our talent can succeed and feel like they belong. We want to attract, retain and develop people at all levels and encourage applications from all suitably qualified candidates whatever your ethnicity, religion, age, physical or mental disability/ long term condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other characteristics protected by local law in the jurisdictions in which we operate.