We are looking for a Financial Accountant to support the group finance function in controlling the Firm's balance sheet, delivering annual statutory reporting and audit compliance, co-ordinating month end postings and other ad hoc tasks as required. About CMS
CMS is a Future Facing firm. With 79 offices in 45 countries and 5,000+ lawyers worldwide, we combine deep sector understanding with a global overview, giving us the ability not only to see what's coming, but to shape it.CMS is well equipped to help our clients face the future with confidence. We are driven by technology and readily embrace the possibilities it opens up for developing new and better ways of delivering legal services. About the RoleKey role responsibilities:
* Responsible for controlling UK and Group balance sheet reconciliations as part of the financial accounting subteam, ensuring all deliverables are consistently met.
* Preparing, coordinating, and challenging legal entity balance sheet reconciliations.
* Preparation and validation of monthly group foreign exchange revaluations.
* Ensuring all balance sheet accounts and inter-company balances are routinely reconciled and fully substantiated.
* Supporting on various balance sheet projects following a major software implementation.
* Majorly contribute as required towards revamping working papers, balance sheet controls, processes, and existing financial models around the new software.
* Working with group and local finance teams to resolve historic issues and substantiate legacy general ledger balances for legal entities particularly relating to intercompany.
* Preparation of group balance sheet reporting and commentary.
* Routine reconciliation of sub-ledger control account balances to the general ledger.
* Preparing month end journals in conjunction with the wider group accounting team.
* Preparing annual financial statements and applicable notes in accordance with FRS102.
* Supporting the Group Statutory & Financial Accountant to co-ordinate and prepare consolidated statutory financial statements for the Group and UK LLP.
* Taking a lead role on the statutory audit ensuring all deliverables and deadlines are met.
* Co-ordination and delivery of interim and final work-in-progress valuation exercises.
* Liaising with global finance teams to ensure timely coordination and completion of tasks.
* Actively contribute towards the achievement of wider finance team deliverables and continuous improvement of internal processes.
* Supporting the team as required, providing cover for team members in times of absence.
* Have a full understanding of all procedures and systems in place About YouDesired experience:
* Prior experience in a group accounting / financial control role (essential)
* Good analytical and MS Excel skills (essential)
* Good practical knowledge of UK GAAP / FRS102 (essential)
* Experience of Elite 3E and SAP Business Objects (desirable) Qualifications
:* Qualified Accountant - ICAS, ACA, ACCA or Equivalent (essential)
* Have a relevant degree in finance and accounting (2.1 preferred) Equal Opportunities
At CMS, a next-generation mindset is woven into all we do. We're diverse, supportive and inclusive, embracing our corporate social responsibility and creating a culture of sustainability in which every one of our people, whatever their background, can maximise their potential and thrive.For further information about CMS' diversity initiatives and programmes, please click here
to view the diversity pages on our website.Please apply online or contact a member of the Talent Acquisition team if you have any questions. For information regarding our competitive range of benefits please visit our Rewards & Benefits
page on our website. #LI-PK1