Reporting to the Head of Procurement, the Senior IT Procurement Manager will have responsibility for category leadership, including strategy definition and execution across the firm in a specific Category or Categories.
Objectives for this role will include:
- Developing and establishing category strategy plans in line with the firms requirements, projects and pipeline activity
- Delivering tangible, bottom-line benefits to the DLA resulting from category management of Spend
- Supporting the delivery of business strategy through the appropriate application of supplier relationship management and the provision of category subject matter expertise
- Embedding SESG criteria and values throughout the supply chain
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Define category strategies that maximise value for the business based on understanding of business needs and supply market potential
- Builds deep knowledge of the supply market within the business
- Execution of the category strategy, including negotiating and contracting with suppliers, evaluating on-going contract and supplier performance and measuring contract compliance
- Where appropriate, supports major bid activity where there is a significant category requirement
- Executing the appropriate strategies to incentivise and engage suppliers and to measure and incentivise their performance
- Managing appropriate supplier governance, fed by relevant data and attended by empowered representatives of both organisations
- Ownership of overall contractual relationships where agreed
- Producing qualitative and quantitive management information to support the value of procurement
- Value delivery in line with agreed targets for the category
- Supplier performance that meets operational requirements of the Business Units
- Ensuring a strong health, safety and environmental ethos is applied throughout the supply chain
- Excellent cross functional stakeholder relationships
- 10 years IT Procurement experience
- 5 years line management experience including staff development
- Demonstratable experience with Tier 1 IT Suppliers
- Demonstratable experience negotiating and contracting for Software, Infrastructure, Professional Services and Hardware
- Proven experience negotiating Enterprise Agreements (Enterprise size c.8,000)
- Strong understanding of different software licencing models
- Experience of Data Centre Migration (on premises to the cloud) preferred
- Strong contract drafting experience
- Proven category and spend management delivery
- Strong Contract Management experience
- Able to negotiate complex commercial contracts
- Operates on a strategic basis
- Team player, able to work cross functionally
- MCIPS preferred
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world. We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. Our clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as government and public sector bodies.
In everything we do connected with our People, our Clients and our Communities, we live by these values:
- Be Supportive – we are compassionate and inclusive, valuing diversity and acting thoughtfully
- Be Collaborative - we are proactive, passionate team players investing in our relationships
- Be Bold - we are fearless and inquisitive, challenging ourselves to think big and find creative new solutions
- Be Exceptional - we are strategic and driven, exceeding standards and expectations
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
At DLA Piper, diversity and inclusion underpins how we live our values and everything we do. We believe that everyone has a voice, and that everyone’s voice counts. We know that the rich diversity across our firm makes us stronger, more innovative and creative, which helps us to better serve our clients and communities. We are committed to providing an inclusive working environment and culture across our global firm, where everyone can bring their authentic self to work.
Diversity of perspective, thought, background and culture combine to make us the leading global law firm; that’s why we actively seek to build balanced teams. We welcome the unique contribution that you will bring to our firm and actively encourage applications from all talented people – however your talent is packaged, whatever your background or circumstance and regardless of how you identify.
We support anyone with a disability or long term health condition to ensure they have the opportunity to perform at their best. If you have not done so already, please let us know if you require any support so we can make the right adjustments and considerations should they be required.
We recognise that people have responsibilities and interests outside of their career and that as a business, we all benefit from working flexibly. That's why we are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support requests for agile working arrangements.
In the event that we make an offer to you, and where local legislation permits, we will conduct pre-engagement screening checks that may include but are not limited to your professional and academic qualifications, your eligibility to work in the relevant jurisdiction, any criminal records, your financial stability and references from previous employers.