Objectives for this role will include:
- Drive the procurement strategy and category plans to meet the needs of the business
- Advise the organisation on commercial and sourcing activity within one or more specific functional/ category area in the selection, appointment and management of suppliers.
- Provide high quality commercial support to the firm
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Takes accountability for the overall sourcing and procurement plans for specific areas, in this case IT.
- Shapes and supports commercial projects and ensures delivery to meet the business plans for each functional area.
- Drives supplier management activities for a defined range of suppliers
- Acts as the prime point of escalation for contract and supplier management disputes – engages at Director level with suppliers.
- "Business partner" on all commercial matters for each of the functional areas
- Will have in-depth market knowledge and experience of one or more category areas.
- Takes accountability for own development plan, seeks feedback from others.
- Internal client facing up to Director level to shape projects, agree sourcing plans, achieve gateway/Project stage "sign offs"
- Supplier engagement at all levels.
- Influence capital and revenue spend of £20-£40m per annum
- Manage 3-10 supplier relationships
- Delivering complex, multi-disciplinary projects
- Managing commercial, operational and project risk in a large and complex business
- Interact with colleagues on a global basis
- 5 years IT Procurement and commercial experience
- Excellent communication skills via all communication channels
- Demonstratable experience with Tier 1 IT Suppliers;
- Demonstratable experience negotiating and contracting for Software, Infrastructure, Professional Services and Hardware.
- Strong understanding of different software licencing models.
- Proven experience negotiating Enterprise Agreements (Enterprise size c.8,000).
- Strong contract drafting experience.
- Responsive to customer needs
- Good attention to detail is required.
- Able to negotiate complex commercial contracts
- Self manages workload, scopes projects and manages priorities.
- Operates on a strategic basis
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world. We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. Our clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as government and public sector bodies.
In everything we do connected with our People, our Clients and our Communities, we live by these values:
- Be Supportive - we are compassionate and inclusive, valuing diversity and act thoughtfully
- Be Collaborative - we are proactive, passionate team players, investing in our relationships
- Be Bold - we are fearless and inquisitive, challenging ourselves to think big and find creative new solutions
- Be Exceptional - we are strategic and driven, exceeding standards and expectations
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
At DLA Piper, diversity and inclusion underpins how we live our values and everything we do. We believe that everyone has a voice, and that everyone’s voice counts. We know that the rich diversity across our firm makes us stronger, more innovative and creative, which helps us to better serve our clients and communities. We are committed to providing an inclusive working environment and culture across our global firm, where everyone can bring their authentic self to work.
Diversity of perspective, thought, background and culture combine to make us the leading global law firm; that’s why we actively seek to build balanced teams. We welcome the unique contribution that you will bring to our firm and actively encourage applications from all talented people – however your talent is packaged, whatever your background or circumstance and regardless of how you identify.
We support anyone with a disability or long term health condition to ensure they have the opportunity to perform at their best. If you have not done so already, please let us know if you require any support so we can make the right adjustments and considerations should they be required.
We know that people have responsibilities and interests outside of their career and that as a business, we all benefit from working flexibly. That's why we are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support requests for agile working arrangements.
In the event that we make an offer to you, and where local legislation permits, we will conduct pre-engagement screening checks that may include but are not limited to your professional and academic qualifications, your eligibility to work in the relevant jurisdiction, any criminal records, your financial stability and references from previous employers.