The Aiscension Sales Manager will work under the day-to-day direction of the Executive Director of Aiscension and with DLA Piper colleagues to help develop our value proposition and supporting marketing materials, develop a sales pipeline, collect information on sales leads, assist with pitch opportunities and build interest and enthusiasm amongst colleagues within DLA Piper and with prospective customers/clients.
The role holder will identify target opportunities and follow up on these to build a pipeline of sales activity and completed sales.
The team within Aiscension (and Law& in general) is lean. We are effectively a start-up. This means we need individuals who are willing to roll their sleeves up in an effort to get things done. There is wider resource to sometimes call on, but this role needs someone who can be both strategic and advisory, but also willing and able to deliver on the day-to-day.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Aiscension Sales Manager is responsible for:
- Building the profile internally for Aiscension (along with Internal Comms Manager and Law& MBD Team), including presenting to various groups, stakeholders and clients
- Working with Sector groups and client teams to identify targets
- Pursuing leads generated from marketing campaigns
- Actively manage the sales pipeline
- Build direct relationships with targets and clients who are using Aiscension, where appropriate
- Work alongside the Product Manager to support product performance data analysis
- Updating CRM and tracker reports on new leads, contacts made, pitches and recording outcomes and other intelligence
- Build a client feedback loop into the client process and conduct feedback sessions, alongside the Product Manager
- Work with the Aiscension team to develop new modules within Aiscension and ensure market research and rigorous market testing takes place ahead of the development of any new products being developed
- Ensure delivery of commitments made during proposal process and on-going
- Tailoring pitch materials for prospective leads, including tenders, presentations, background information and pricing proposals
- Working with DLA Piper Business Development and Marketing management to develop our account management and soft - sales strategy for Aiscension products
- Providing a co-ordinated response to client onboarding to the Aiscension service
- Measuring and reporting business impact metrics for Aiscension sales and related benefits
- Demonstrate previous experience of managing client relationships, ideally in a professional services eDiscovery or risk management environment
- Demonstrated success working on pitches ideally for technology products (Legal tech and/or AI products an advantage)
- Solid presentation skills, verbal and written
- Strong stakeholder communication and management skills at all levels, ideally within a professional services environment
- Possession of excellent professional negotiation skills
- Someone who is comfortable with ambiguity
- Someone who just finds a way to get things done and maintain momentum
- Someone who is prepared to constructively challenge and bring new ideas, new approaches – but accepts that sometimes those ideas might not be adopted
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world. We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. Our clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as government and public sector bodies.
In everything we do connected with our People, our Clients and our Communities, we live by these values:
- Be Supportive – we are compassionate and inclusive, valuing diversity and acting thoughtfully
- Be Collaborative - we are proactive, passionate team players investing in our relationships
- Be Bold - we are fearless and inquisitive, challenging ourselves to think big and find creative new solutions
- Be Exceptional - we are strategic and driven, exceeding standards and expectations
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
At DLA Piper, diversity and inclusion underpins how we live our values and everything we do. We believe that everyone has a voice, and that everyone’s voice counts. We know that the rich diversity across our firm makes us stronger, more innovative and creative, which helps us to better serve our clients and communities. We are committed to providing an inclusive working environment and culture across our global firm, where everyone can bring their authentic self to work.
Diversity of perspective, thought, background and culture combine to make us the leading global law firm; that’s why we actively seek to build balanced teams. We welcome the unique contribution that you will bring to our firm and actively encourage applications from all talented people – however your talent is packaged, whatever your background or circumstance and regardless of how you identify.
We support anyone with a disability or long term health condition to ensure they have the opportunity to perform at their best. If you have not done so already, please let us know if you require any support so we can make the right adjustments and considerations should they be required.
We recognise that people have responsibilities and interests outside of their career and that as a business, we all benefit from working flexibly. That's why we are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support requests for agile working arrangements.
In the event that we make an offer to you, and where local legislation permits, we will conduct pre-engagement screening checks that may include but are not limited to your professional and academic qualifications, your eligibility to work in the relevant jurisdiction, any criminal records, your financial stability and references from previous employers.