Purpose of the Role:
Reporting to the Head of Data Management, you will be involved in helping define, build, and maintain our data science and AI offering using a robust, modern tech stack.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive the entire model development lifecycle, building, testing, and delivering high quality solutions
- Select features for, build and optimise NLP machine learning models
- Build, manage, and deploy AI solutions that leverage Azure Cognitive Services and Azure Applied AI services (Speech, Computer vision, Text Data, Azure Cognitive Services)
- Use REST-based APIs and SDKs to build computer vision, natural language processing, text mining, and conversational AI solutions on Azure
- Design, deploy, build, test and maintain machine learning models in a production environment
- Improve the efficiency, performance, and scalability of ML & NLP models (this includes data quality, ingestion, loading, cleaning, and processing)
- Develop, deploy, and maintain CI/CD pipelines
- Help efficiently maintain cloud infrastructure for research, staging and beta/pilot environments
- Degree level candidate ideally in computer science, maths, statistics or a related field of study, or equivalent experience
Relevant Experience Required
- Experience in building NLP systems with the demonstrated ability to translate cutting edge research into working applications
- Experience in scaling and productionising ML and AI models
- Experience of working with microservices, containerisation, and automated CI/CD processes
- Experience with AI optimisation techniques
- Skilled use of Python, SQL, Java
- Experience with Microsoft Azure services, including Azure Machine Learning, Azure Databricks, Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Lake Gen2
- Experience with Deep Learning frameworks (Tensorflow, PyTorch, Keras)
- Proficiency in C#
- Experience with Python libraries like SpaCy, NumPy, Pandas, SciKItLearn
- Exposure to NLP libraries (e.g. NLTK, Gensim, Word2Vec, openNLP)
- Familiarity with state-of-the-art transformers in NLP such as BERT, RoBERTa, XLNet etc
What can we offer you?
- Agile working i.e. the opportunity to work from home, subject to diary commitments;
- 25 days' annual leave entitlement and the opportunity to purchase or roll over 5 days;
- The ability to claim up to 5 days towards parental or caring responsibilities;
- Contributory pension of up to 5%;
- Private healthcare;
- Death in service cover (4 x base salary);
- Eligibility to apply for an interest free season ticket loan, an interest free gym membership loan and/or an interest free rental deposit loan;
- Cycle to work scheme;
- We envisage this role being full time, however, we are open to considering flexible working arrangements.
For any queries or for a copy of the full job description then please contact our in-house recruiter, Sim Dhonsi. Please note we only accept CVs that are logged on the Recruitment portal.
At Pinsent Masons we value diversity and inclusion. We are committed to creating a better workplace where all our talent can succeed and feel like they belong. We want to attract, retain and develop people at all levels and encourage applications from all suitably qualified candidates whatever your ethnicity, religion, age, physical or mental disability/ long term condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other characteristics protected by local law in the jurisdictions in which we operate.