TRANSACTIONAL CONSTRUCTION (PROJECTS) LAWYER – 1-3 YEARS’ PQE
Our Construction and Engineering Group in Leeds is expanding and we are currently looking to recruit a Lawyer with 1-3 years’ PQE.
Our Leeds Team
Our Leeds Team are listed as Tier 1 in the Legal 500 in both the Construction, as well as the Energy and Infrastructure categories for the Yorkshire and the Humber region.
With 'unparalleled expertise in this industry' across the whole lifecycle of energy, infrastructure and construction projects the successful candidate will join our Projects Team in Leeds whose 'sector knowledge is second to none'.
Our market-leading practice handles a steady stream of national and international renewable energy projects. The team handles public infrastructure projects, assists with conventional power generation issues, and advises on large-scale offshore wind projects. They are also recognised as an authority on 'Net Zero Carbon' issues.
Our National Team
Nationally, we have an unrivalled reputation in acting for employers, funders, project companies, contractors, consultants and insurers. We act for over half of the UK's top 50 contractors, a large number of the top contractors worldwide and an impressive range of private and public sector clients. Our Construction and Engineering team act across the sectors including infrastructure and energy (nuclear, renewables, conventional and oil and gas), property, waste, education, transport and health.
Key Clients include:
- Drax Group PLC
- E.ON UK
- Flogas Britain Limited (part of DCC PLC)
- EPH UK
- RWE Renewables UK
- Forterra PLC
- NDA Group
- Cargill Plc
- University of Huddersfield
- Hanson Group
- Kier Group
- BH EnergyGap Group
- Advising Flogas on its project to convert the National Grid liquified natural gas facility at Avonmouth into a huge liquified petroleum gas storage terminal with room to store 34,564 tonnes of LPG.
- Advised Kier Group Plc in relation to its group-wide response to the COVID-19 pandemic, including on the application of the pandemic to live contracts, assessing UK Government law/ guidance/approach, drafting first-of-a-kind contractual provisions across multiple main-contract and subcontract forms/templates, as well as negotiating and implementing contractual amendments for long-term contracts.
- Acting for Wheelabrator as developer of a £350m project financed merchant energy from waste plant in West Bromwich.
What our Clients say:
‘Readily available with prompt, straightforward advice and help on matters as they arise.’
‘The team has unparalleled expertise in this industry with the ability to provide clear and concise guidance when needed’
‘Broad knowledge with lots of depth in the teams providing clear, concise, commercially valuable advice.’
The Candidate Required
The team's pipeline is such that our vacancy would best suit a candidate well versed in infrastructure and energy related transactional (non-contentious) construction work. However, we would also consider applicants with a strong background in commercial contracts combined with a genuine interest in pursuing their career in a different direction.
Overall, the successful candidate will have the opportunity of exposure to both construction and projects work so experience and flexibility in that regard is an advantage.
The successful candidate will:
- have gained experience in a large commercial firm, in-house legal team or local authority;
- be a team player, able to forge strong working relationships with colleagues in an agile environment;
- be technically strong and exercise good commercial judgment;
- have the interpersonal skills necessary for this client-facing role.
The role is wide-ranging, will focus on and include:
- developing on-going relationships with an existing client base as well as pitching for new opportunities;
- developing close working relationships as part of an international team;
- the opportunity to be involved in work in the very best national and international construction work.
What will we offer you?
- We are a market leading, dynamic and growing global team who work together to produce outstanding results for our clients.
- We invest in our team and have a first-class training and career development programme. Our training reflects our position as a market leader in communications and sourcing. Our training will assist you to develop as a specialist with valuable sector knowledge and the ability to deliver "best in class" services.
- Early responsibility and opportunities to develop client relationships.
About the Firm
Pinsent Masons is a global 100 law firm, with over 3,400 employees operating out of 25 locations across Europe, Asia Pacific, Africa and the Middle East. We have a long-standing reputation for delivering high-quality legal advice rooted in a deep understanding of the sectors and geographies in which our clients operate. Our global reach ensures that we are well-placed to advise on complex multi-jurisdictional matters across a full range of legal disciplines.
The firm has significant multinational credentials in the financial services, energy, infrastructure, real estate, and advanced manufacturing and technology sectors. Services provided across these sectors include asset management and investment funds, corporate and M&A, commercial, competition, litigation and arbitration, banking, restructuring, insurance, regulatory, construction, projects, pensions, property, planning and environmental, procurement, outsourcing, employment, share plans and incentives, technology and tax advice.
We champion change and promote progress to make business work better for people. Pinsent Masons has embedded a range of diversity and inclusion initiatives to create an environment in which its people can flourish. We operate an agile working scheme, which offers our employees flexibility in terms of where, and how, they work.
We stand out for our innovative approach to service delivery. For example, the firm has developed a number of in-house legal technology and project management solutions, operates a hub of freelance lawyers, called Vario, and a global Diversity and Inclusion consultancy, Brook Graham. Put simply, we offer a range of professional disciplines to our clients, enabled by our people, process and technology.
Pinsent Masons has achieved more tier 1 rankings in The Legal 500 UK guide than any other firm, won the "Law Firm of the Year Award 2019 – Legal Business" for the second time and is recognised among the most innovative law firms in Europe by the Financial Times. Pinsent Masons was also named Law Firm of the Year 2018 by The Lawyer and is ranked No 4 on the UK Stonewall Workplace Equality Index 2020 and named as one of Stonewall’s Top Global Employers 2020.
Should you require further details, please contact our in-house Lateral Recruitment Advisor Karen Rawlings who can discuss the role and requirements.
At Pinsent Masons we value diversity and inclusion. We are committed to creating a better workplace where all our talent can succeed and feel like they belong. We want to attract, retain and develop people at all levels and encourage applications from all suitably qualified candidates whatever your ethnicity, religion, age, physical or mental disability/ long term condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other characteristics protected by local law in the jurisdictions in which we operate.