SECURITY EVENTS & DETECTION ANALYST
This role is based in the Technical Security Team within our Information Security department. The aim of the Technical Security Team is to assist and advise the IT Department in developing and maintaining a secure application, endpoint, server, storage, firewall, unified communications and network infrastructure for existing and future business applications. This includes the UK and international offices as well as links to clients and third parties where appropriate.
To ensure that these aims are achieved, this role will focus on the firm’s network, firewall and security infrastructure, covering all relevant hardware and software which provides the base on which the firm’s infrastructure operates. This is carried out within the framework of change control mechanisms. The role encompasses responsibility for ensuring security systems are monitored to provide protection against unauthorised access, data loss, malware and other security breaches, while working to actively reduce the number of false positives.
The successful candidate will have the ability to analyse network and application traffic looking for unusual, unanticipated or non-permitted flows. In addition the role will investigate (and remediate) unplanned system level changes eg additional hardware / VM's (shadow IT), account usage / privilege escalation. The role is an interactive one and will require liaison, and associated people skills, with the IT Helpdesk, Enterprise system team and third party Managed Security Service Providers (MSSP). There is no "people management" associated with this role.
The Security Events & Detection Analyst will represent the team at Change Advisory Boards and ensure that Information Security requests are submitted, approved and applied, and will provide technical advice and guidance to the Enterprise Systems Manager, the Head of IT Solution Implementation & Development, the Technical Security Manager and other areas of the firm as required.
The successful candidate will hold the following skills and experience:
- Experience in a similar role.
- Demonstrable knowledge of Microsoft, VMware and (ideally) Citrix Enterprise software.
- Demonstrable knowledge of networking principles and practice, ideally in a Cisco environment.
- Demonstrable experience of working on mission critical systems with appropriate change control procedures.
- Demonstrable knowledge of IT security best practice.
- Must have a demonstrable track record of the following technical skills encompassing hardware and software technologies:
- Security patch management.
- Nessus / Tenable.io vulnerability scanning solutions.
- Fault / problem resolution within a Microsoft Windows Server and (ideally) Endpoint environment.
- Fault / problem resolution within a VMware and/or Citrix environment.
- Maintaining large enterprise IT systems
- Microsoft Windows Active Directory security.
- Experience of working closely with other teams within a technical environment, both to obtain knowledge and pass on calls for escalation to those teams with specific reference to attention to detail and accuracy in recording information.
What can we offer you?
- Agile working i.e. the opportunity to work from home, subject to diary commitments;
- 25 days' annual leave entitlement and the opportunity to purchase or roll over 5 days;
- The ability to claim up to 5 days towards parental or caring responsibilities;
- Contributory pension of up to 5%;
- Private healthcare;
- Death in service cover (4 x base salary);
- Eligibility to apply for an interest free season ticket loan, an interest free gym membership loan and/or an interest free rental deposit loan;
- Cycle to work scheme;
- We envisage this role being full time, however, we are open to considering flexible working arrangements.
For any queries or for a copy of the full job description, please contact our in-house recruiter, Sim Dhonsi. Please note we only accept CVs that are logged on the Recruitment portal.
At Pinsent Masons we value diversity and inclusion. We are committed to creating a better workplace where all our talent can succeed and feel like they belong. We want to attract, retain and develop people at all levels and encourage applications from all suitably qualified candidates whatever your ethnicity, religion, age, physical or mental disability/ long term condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other characteristics protected by local law in the jurisdictions in which we operate.