GLOBAL PAYROLL OFFICER - BIRMINGHAM
We are looking for an experienced payroll officer, executive or assistant to join our HR & Learning team on a permanent basis. We are happy to consider flexible working arrangements.
Working closely with the Payroll Manager, the successful candidate will support the payroll team in meeting monthly and annual payroll objectives and champion global payroll compliance, ensuring all legal and statutory payroll-related requirements are met. They will act as a back-up and support business readiness and stabilisation of payroll processes and will provide training and support to payroll vendors. They will ensure that new payrolls are set up in the most appropriate and compliant way.
We are a purpose-led business and we live by our values of being "approachable, bold and connected". We strive to do this every day. It is our people and our team who make this happen.
If this is important to you too, then we want to hear from you.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Be responsible for controlling the end to end processing for 11 entities in EMEA and APAC (the countries are currently split between 2 payroll personnel with some of the duties completed locally)
- Process monthly salary changes, variable payments and applicable deductions per local requirements
- Investigate, reconcile and correct payroll data issues, discrepancies and errors and feed back on these to both the internal teams at PM and also the local provider
- Review the data provided by the International HR team (employee status changes, new hires, terminations, and other payroll changes) added to the providers flexi-form and also upload/download all files from ADP Streamline SPM portal by the relevant dates.
- Ensure accurately and timely processing of payroll with strong data integrity. Verify monthly allowances, deductions and ensure all calculations are correct.
- Timely and accurately prepare on-demand checks for terminations, retro-adjustments and other disbursements deemed necessary
- Support the Finance team by saving the final payroll files into the respective shared drive following the completion of the payroll each month
- Reconcile GTN monthly reports
- Collect, compile and review data for year-end processing (end of year statements from the vendor)
- Coordinate with internal and external customers to resolve payroll issues and evaluate and ensure maintenance policies and procedures for third-party payroll team.
- Maintain a strong control environment, including protection of employee related data (GDPR) and Implement and maintain payroll best practices across the board.
- Partner closely with Finance and Tax departments to ensure tax calculations are current and accurate.
- Develop opportunities to optimize payroll processes globally and provide payroll analytics and insights to HR and other companywide stakeholders.
- Maintain relationships with vendors, including regional providers to certify they are meeting SLA’s around money movement, 3rd parties and other employee payments.
- Partner with HRSS, Treasury and Finance teams to design and implement cross-functional process improvements, uptake new system functionality and support initiatives that scale with business growth.
- Complete monthly KPIs to identify any areas of concern and provide the finding to the UK & International Payroll Manager.
If this is the right role for you, you will enjoy understanding data and working with Excel autonomously. You will hold similar experience of working in a payroll team at assistant, executive or officer level. Experience of working with overseas payroll is not an essential requirement. We are open to considering candidates from a non-professional services setting.
What can we offer you?
- Agile working i.e. the opportunity to work from home, subject to diary commitments;
- 25 days annual leave entitlement and the opportunity to purchase or roll over 5 days;
- Contributory pension of up to 5%;
- Private healthcare policy for the successful candidate and immediate family;
- Death in service cover (4 x base salary);
- Eligibility to apply for an interest free season ticket loan, an interest free gym membership loan and/or an interest free rental deposit loan;
- Cycle to work scheme.
At Pinsent Masons we value diversity and inclusion. We are committed to creating a better workplace where all our talent can succeed and feel like they belong. We want to attract, retain and develop people at all levels and encourage applications from all suitably qualified candidates whatever your ethnicity, religion, age, physical or mental disability/ long term condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other characteristics protected by local law in the jurisdictions in which we operate.
For any queries or for a copy of the full job description, please contact our in-house recruiter, Bhavika Upton. Please note we only accept CVs that are logged on the Recruitment portal.