Banking Lawyer – NQ
Edinburgh or Glasgow
We are currently looking to recruit a Newly Qualified Banking Lawyer to join our expanding Banking Team.
£61,000 p.a. plus generous benefits package.
Our Scotland Team
Our market-leading team is known for its broad banking and financing expertise, which includes leveraged finance, real estate finance and corporate banking. It is also active in more specialist areas of finance, including bank structural reform, central bank advisory work, and loan portfolio sale and purchase transactions.
Key Clients Include:
- The Royal Bank of Scotland plc
- Bank of Scotland plc
- HSBC UK Bank plc
- Homes England
- Clydesdale Bank plc
- Legal & General Investment Management Limited
- Santander UK plc
- Scottish National Investment Bank
- Advised Bank of Scotland and Scottish National Investment Bank on their financing of Circulatory Scotland Limited, the operator of Scotland’s new Deposit Return Scheme.
- Advised RBS and Barclays on their £200m financing of Regional REIT plc.
- Advised The Silvertown Partnership LLP on a £233m term facility from Homes England for the development of a mixed-use site at Silvertown Quays, London.
- Advised a club of seven UK, US and Canadian lenders in relation to the financing increase to Centurion Group, a global leader in the supply of critical services to the energy industries.
The Candidate Required
We are now looking to appoint an ambitious newly qualified lawyer who wishes to advance their Banking Law abilities and knowledge at a top tier international law practice.
The successful applicant will:
- ideally have gained experience in a large commercial firm
- have a strong academic background and excellent communication and organisational skills
- have good commercial awareness and is client-focused
- be a team player with the ability to forge strong working relationships with colleagues in an agile environment
- be well-organised and have good project management skills
What will we offer you?
- We are a market leading, dynamic and growing global team who work together to produce outstanding results for our clients.
- We invest in our team and have a first-class training and career development programme. Our training reflects our position as a market leader in communications and sourcing. Our training will assist you to develop as a specialist with valuable sector knowledge and the ability to deliver "best in class" services.
- Early responsibility and opportunities to develop client relationships.
To apply for this role
Should you require further details, please contact our in-house Recruitment Advisor Haseeb who can discuss the role and requirements.
At Pinsent Masons we value diversity and inclusion. We are committed to creating a better workplace where all our talent can succeed and feel like they belong. We want to attract, retain and develop people at all levels and encourage applications from all suitably qualified candidates whatever your ethnicity, religion, age, physical or mental disability/ long term condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other characteristics protected by local law in the jurisdictions in which we operate.
INITIALLY THIS VACANCY WILL BE OPEN TO DIRECT APPLICANTS ONLY
THEREAFTER, THIS VACANCY WILL BE RELEASED TO OUR PSL AGENTS.
Note for agents:
- Once instructed all agency CVs should be submitted via the portal and any CVs submitted via our partners will be discounted and will not qualify as an introduction.
- Please note that NQ candidates can only be represented by one agent of their choice regardless of group/team, location.
- If a candidate submits a direct application for one role and then they are introduced by an agent for another, the candidate will have ownership of their own application for 3 months from the date of direct application made.