Banking Lawyer – NQ
We are currently looking to recruit a Newly Qualified Banking Lawyer to join our expanding Banking Team in Birmingham.
£61,000 p.a. plus generous benefits package.
Our Birmingham Team
Our workload revolves around corporate, leveraged and real estate finance, asset-based lending, syndicated and securitisation transactions, as well as debt capital markets work. Spearheading the offering is David Doogan, a lawyer who ‘goes the extra mile’. The team is also made up of structured finance experts, Victoria Baker and Edward Sunderland, along with legal directors Esther Parkes and Oliver Morgan‘. A key point of differentiation for the group is its leading expertise in a number of industries, namely education, advance manufacturing, technology, healthcare and travel.
Key Clients Include:
- Allied Irish Bank
- Clydesdale and Yorkshire Bank
- Frontier Development Capital
- HSBC Bank plc
- National Westminster Bank Plc
- Orders of St John Care Trust
- Police Mutual Assurance Society
- RBS Invoice Finance Limited
- Specialist Motor Finance Limited
- The Royal Bank of Scotland plc
- Advised the lenders on a refinancing of Marshall Motors Group to support the growth plans of the business.
- Acted for Clydesdale Bank on the acquisition by CET Infrastructure of Card Geotechnics Limited.
- Acted for Shawbrook Bank in respect of an asset based lending agreement (comprising of a receivables, inventory, P&M and real property facility) to Esterform Packaging Limited
The Candidate Required
We are now looking to appoint an ambitious newly qualified lawyer who wishes to advance their Banking Law abilities and knowledge at a top tier international law practice.
The successful applicant will:
- ideally have gained experience in a commercial firm
- have a strong academic background and excellent communication and organisational skills
- have good commercial awareness and is client-focused
- be a team player with the ability to forge strong working relationships with colleagues in an agile environment
- be well-organised and have good project management skills
What will we offer you?
- We are a market leading, dynamic and growing global team who work together to produce outstanding results for our clients.
- We invest in our team and have a first-class training and career development programme. Our training reflects our position as a market leader in communications and sourcing. Our training will assist you to develop as a specialist with valuable sector knowledge and the ability to deliver "best in class" services.
- Early responsibility and opportunities to develop client relationships.
To apply for this role
Should you require further details, please contact our in-house Recruitment Advisor Haseeb who can discuss the role and requirements.
At Pinsent Masons we value diversity and inclusion. We are committed to creating a better workplace where all our talent can succeed and feel like they belong. We want to attract, retain and develop people at all levels and encourage applications from all suitably qualified candidates whatever your ethnicity, religion, age, physical or mental disability/ long term condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other characteristics protected by local law in the jurisdictions in which we operate.
INITIALLY THIS VACANCY WILL BE OPEN TO DIRECT APPLICANTS ONLY
THEREAFTER, THIS VACANCY WILL BE RELEASED TO OUR PSL AGENTS.
Note for agents:
- Once instructed all agency CVs should be submitted via the portal and any CVs submitted via our partners will be discounted and will not qualify as an introduction.
- Please note that NQ candidates can only be represented by one agent of their choice regardless of group/team, location.
- If a candidate submits a direct application for one role and then they are introduced by an agent for another, the candidate will have ownership of their own application for 3 months from the date of direct application made.