NETWORK SPECALIST - ANY UK OFFICE
The role will be responsible for the support of the firm’s network, including all aspects of the LAN/WAN, and network security during core hours. Out of hours support may be required to meet the requirements of the Firm and supported technologies.
The IT infrastructure consists of a collection of hardware and software components which have a lifecycle that must be managed effectively if services are to remain healthy and secure. Such management should encompass initial build and setup, OS and application hardening, monitoring, preventative maintenance and final decommissioning.
This role will ensure that the firm receive efficient and effective 3rd line support and provide an excellent level of customer service to Pinsent Mason’s staff and clients across all regions. The role will involve acting as primary contact for all IT 3rd line network related queries as well as an operational level with the IT Support Services teams to ensure a high standard of service delivery is maintained
The role will require a customer facing element and the candidate will be comfortable with dealing with users, building relationships, feeding back to the wider team and flagging issues as they arise
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Management of all production network infrastructure on a day-to-day basis. Cisco SD WAN (Viptela), Cisco SD Access (DNAC) and traditional Cisco networking.
- Experience in the monitoring, maintenance and configuration of Cisco Routers (CAT8k, ISR4k, ISR1k), Cisco Switches (CAT9k, CAT3k, N9k), Cisco ISE, DNA, vManage, Wireless LAN Controllers (AireOS & IOS XE).
- Proactively checking and perform maintenance/system upgrades on various systems, keeping up to date with the latest releases and security patches.
- Able to diagnose and troubleshoot faults across different platforms including Firepower, DHCP/Infoblox, DNS/ Umbrella and other monitoring tools.
- Assist in the effective and timely resolution of technical issues. 'Stay 'until fixed' approach commensurate with the needs of the business.
- Work within the guidelines adopted by the firm's Technology Services department in respect of change control and asset maintenance.
- Escalation of faults and incidents to 3rd party providers. Taking full ownership of the problem and arranging dates and times with external engineers as required to investigate and resolve the issue at hand.
- Continually monitoring developments in technology that may be of benefit to the business and promoting their introduction
- Assist the firm’s IT Service Desk and IT Support Services Teams with any technical advice or issue resolution as required.
- Provide technical advice and/or implementation assistance to the Business Change team and colleagues within Technical Platforms.
- Development and ownership of technical support documentation.
- Be a proactive member of the Production Team
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a similar role
- Experience of Cisco WAN & LAN technologies
- Demonstrable knowledge of VMware virtualisation
- Demonstrable knowledge of Cisco ISE and DNA.
- Demonstrable experience of working on mission critical systems with appropriate change control procedures, including sound experience of preventative maintenance to optimise availability.
- Demonstrable knowledge of MS 365, MS Azure, Active Director
- Strong communication and organisational skills.
- Experience of working closely with other teams within a technical environment, both to obtain knowledge and pass on calls for escalation to those teams with specific reference to attention to detail and accuracy in recording information
- Organised and methodical, with the ability to work to targets and goals
- Demonstrable ability to work well under pressure and deal with all levels of the organisation.
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated team player with the ability to work to within a demanding environment and be able to demonstrate a logical approach to problem solving
- Patience and ability to remain calm under pressure, whilst showing initiative at all times and an ability to apply a lateral thought process to problem resolution
- Willingness to travel to other Pinsent Masons LLP offices
- Professional appearance
What can we offer you?
- Agile working i.e. the opportunity to work from home, subject to diary commitments;
- 25 days' annual leave entitlement and the opportunity to purchase or roll over 5 days;
- The ability to claim up to 5 days towards parental or caring responsibilities;
- Contributory pension of up to 5%;
- Private healthcare;
- Death in service cover (4 x base salary);
- Eligibility to apply for an interest free season ticket loan, an interest free gym membership loan and/or an interest free rental deposit loan;
- Cycle to work scheme;
- We envisage this role being full time, however, we are open to considering flexible working arrangements.
For any queries or for a copy of the full job description, please contact our in-house recruiter, Sim Dhonsi. Please note we only accept CVs that are logged on the Recruitment portal.
At Pinsent Masons we value diversity and inclusion. We are committed to creating a better workplace where all our talent can succeed and feel like they belong. We want to attract, retain and develop people at all levels and encourage applications from all suitably qualified candidates whatever your ethnicity, religion, age, physical or mental disability/ long term condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other characteristics protected by local law in the jurisdictions in which we operate.