Banking Lawyer – NQ
We are currently looking to recruit an ambitious newly qualified lawyer to join an expanding Banking team in Belfast and be part of a top tier international law practice.
Our Belfast Team
We act for the full range of local banks operating in the NI market and for the UK clearing banks together with a number of other non-bank lenders and borrowers in relation to a wide variety of financing transactions including real estate finance, general corporate lending, education finance, private wealth lending and social housing. We also advise corporate and property clients on their borrowing requirements. The successful candidate will gain experience in all of these disciplines and must be a team player, with a client-focused approach and excellent technical, communication and organisational skills. The team is led by Jane Boyd who spent a number of years working in our London office before returning to head up the Belfast banking team. This is an exciting role for an NQ to join a team with lots of growth potential where the successful candidate will have the opportunity to shape the direction of their own career by being able to get involved in a huge variety of banking work as well as being supported in building their own client relationships.
The Candidate Required
The successful applicant will:
- ideally have gained experience in a commercial firm and have completed a seat in Corporate, Real Estate and/or Banking
- have a strong academic background and excellent communication and organisational skills
- have good commercial awareness and be client focused
- be a team player with the ability to forge strong working relationships with colleagues in an agile environment and
- be well-organised and have good project management skills
What will we offer you?
- We are a market leading, dynamic and growing global team who work together to produce outstanding results for our clients.
- We invest in our team and have a first-class training and career development programme. Our training reflects our position as a market leader and will assist you to develop as a specialist with valuable sector knowledge and the ability to deliver "best in class" services.
- Early responsibility and opportunities to develop client relationships.
To apply for this role
Should you require further details, please contact our in-house Recruitment Advisor Haseeb who can discuss the role and requirements.
At Pinsent Masons we value diversity and inclusion. We are committed to creating a better workplace where all our talent can succeed and feel like they belong. We want to attract, retain and develop people at all levels and encourage applications from all suitably qualified candidates whatever your ethnicity, religion, age, physical or mental disability/ long term condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other characteristics protected by local law in the jurisdictions in which we operate.
INITIALLY THIS VACANCY WILL BE OPEN TO DIRECT APPLICANTS ONLY
THEREAFTER, THIS VACANCY WILL BE RELEASED TO OUR PSL AGENTS.
Note for agents:
- Once instructed all agency CVs should be submitted via the portal and any CVs submitted via our partners will be discounted and will not qualify as an introduction.
- Please note that NQ candidates can only be represented by one agent of their choice regardless of group/team, location.
- If a candidate submits a direct application for one role and then they are introduced by an agent for another, the candidate will have ownership of their own application for 3 months from the date of direct application made.