Trowers & Hamlins is a City-led, international and national law firm with over 160 partners and 950 staff. With offices across the UK, Middle East and Asia, we provide a full-service integrated offering.
Our clients operate in diverse industry sectors such as construction, transport and infrastructure, banking and financial services, distribution and logistics, education and health, hotels and leisure, defence, engineering and surveying, charities, retail and energy and natural resources. We also act for many high net worth individuals.
We are different and we believe it is our people that make us unique. We expect and respect that you and your talents are too. The truth is we don't prescribe who you are or how you ought to be. It's what you can do that interests us most.
While the work on offer is rewarding and often complex, the qualities we look for are simple. The ability to get on with people from all walks of life, for example. To talk and to listen. To develop the sorts of relationships that mean you win the friendship and loyalty of clients and colleagues alike. In short, to connect. These are the characteristics our people all have in common. They are vital, as is the drive and imagination to use your unique talents to the full. We will help you in this. In fact, we will support you in every way we can.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, proactive and organised individual looking to develop broad marketing and business development skills as part of a growing Marketing team across firm's London, Birmingham, Dubai and Exeter offices. Reporting to the Business Development Manager and Director of Marketing this role works primarily with the legal teams supporting clients in the real estate sector.
What you'll be doing
- General office duties for the team including production of reports, budget reporting, , coordinating CVs, organising meetings, diary, travel and expenses management.
- Assist in executing new campaigns including formatting digital and printed materials to the firm's house style promoting content through traditional and digital channels including website, podcasts, video, webinars and social media.
- Supporting the business development team to implement the marketing plans working closely with lawyers across offices and specialisms.
- Develop an understanding of the clients of the firm and the markets in which the firm operates.
- Updating, using and reporting from the firm's Client Relationship Management system, InterAction.
- Assist in the organisation of a broad range of events including roundtables, conferences, webinars and seminars.
- Assist in implementing social media strategies; supporting with the coordination of content for the firm's social media channels including editing audio and video content.
- Publishing content and making amendments to the website and intranet.
- Assisting with the preparation and coordination of the legal directory submissions and interviews.
Requirements and prospects
- No marketing experience is required but administrative or office experience is desirable.
- Good oral and written communication skills with a meticulous attention to detail.
- Excellent IT skills (including Microsoft Office), and an interest in digital / social media.
- A desire to learn about businesses and sectors to support business development.
- A strong team player; ready to help colleagues.
- Ability to prioritise work effectively and meet deadlines under pressure; ability to use initiative and work with limited supervision with a positive, proactive attitude.
- Polite professional manner, flexible and committed
- The role involves occasional travel within England and the flexibility to work outside of offices hours when running events.
- Desire to study alongside work
- GCSE or A Level / NVQ (or equivalent) qualifications are essential.
Following the successful completion of the Level 3 Marketing Assistant Apprenticeship, the individual has the potential to have a successful career at Trowers & Hamlins.
As part of our firm recruitment policy our candidates are subject to employment screening background checks. These checks include personal details, education and employment history, professional qualifications and credit and criminal checks as appropriate.
Trowers & Hamlins is an equal opportunities employer and values diversity and inclusion. All applications will be considered on merit and the applicant's suitability to meet the requirements of the role and will be treated equally irrespective of Ethnicity, Gender (including Trans and non-binary) Race, Disability, Religion and sexual orientation.