We are looking for an experienced International HR Business Partner to join us at this exciting time of growth. About CMS
CMS is a Future Facing firm. With 79 offices in 45 countries and 5,000+ lawyers worldwide, we combine deep sector understanding with a global overview, giving us the ability not only to see what's coming, but to shape it.
CMS is well equipped to help our clients face the future with confidence. We are driven by technology and readily embrace the possibilities it opens up for developing new and better ways of delivering legal services. Our bold approach to a changing future ensures that we nurture our employees and recruit top talent. About the Role
The purpose of this role is threefold:
* to set the HR / Talent agenda for the APAC and Middle East regions, taking the strategic business plans and the firm's people strategy, Modus, into consideration. Bring commercial and pragmatic HR and business expertise to discussions with key stakeholders, partnering with colleagues across the whole HR function to design and deliver well thought through people solutions;
* to deliver the firm-wide people plan and cyclical people activity within the regions (e.g performance cycle, salary and bonus review, implementation of the Mindful Business Charter and wellbeing strategy etc.) and use insights gained from partnering with their client group to help shape these priorities and approaches going forward;
* To act as a leader within HR as well as an HR leader in your client group, leading on projects and initiatives for the firm and identifying and acting on opportunities to coach and develop colleagues within the function.
* Lead HR Business Partnering responsibility for assigned client group, acting as a key member of the business leadership team and a trusted advisor to the Managing Directors, Office Managing Partners and other leaders.
* Bring commercial and pragmatic HR expertise to discussions with key stakeholders, partnering with colleagues across the whole HR function to design and deliver well thought through people solutions for your aligned client groups.
* To lead on the approach to and coordination of cyclical HR activity within your client group such as performance reviews and annual reward cycle.
* Provide trusted one to one guidance to stakeholders on HR matters, acting as a consultant to generate a sense of shared ownership.
* Provide general advice on HR policies and managing complex Employee Relations issues in connection with the firm's Senior ER Manager; coaching HR colleagues and stakeholders as appropriate.
* Lead on HR projects for the whole firm, diagnosing needs and developing solutions.
* Work with colleagues to drive innovation and continuous improvement across the HR function ensuring knowledge is captured across the firm.
* Be an active member of the HR Business Partnering leadership team, acting as a leader of the HR function as well as an HR leader within your aligned client group. About You
* Strong HR and business acumen, able to display a credible, commercial and pragmatic approach.
* Proven track record of driving forward an HR agenda in line with business strategy from diagnostic through to designing and delivering solutions. Technical depth in a specialist HR discipline such as Leadership and Talent, Organisational Development or Employee Experience would be an advantage.
* Demonstrable ability to coach and influence senior stakeholders to foster true strategic partnering, rather than generalist advisory.
* Ability to analyse key people metrics and use data to influence business leaders' decisions
* Excellent written and oral communication skills. Able to articulate best practice HR in a practical and accessible manner, both face to face and in writing. Strong influencing skills desirable.
* Able to build relationships at all levels with colleagues locally and globally, based on trust, respect and delivery.
* Collaborative and proactive in seeking opportunities to work with colleagues to co-create solutions that meet needs of multiple client groups.
* Ability to "talk business" not "just HR" - this role holder needs to operate as a true business leader.
* Experience of implementing a cloud based HRIS would be advantage.
* Experience of working in a matrixed environment of working effectively with differences across disciplines, culture and time-zones. Equal Opportunities
At CMS, a next-generation mindset is woven into all we do. We're diverse, supportive and inclusive, embracing our corporate social responsibility and creating a culture of sustainability in which every one of our people, whatever their background, can maximise their potential and thrive. For further information about CMS' diversity initiatives and programmes, please view the Diversity & Inclusion
pages on our website.
Please apply online or contact a member of the Talent Acquisition team if you have any questions.
Please note that CMS have a preferred agency panel in place. Only applications submitted via the portal at the point of instruction will be accepted.