Ashurst is a leading progressive global law firm with a rich history, celebrating it's bicentenary in 2022. We are proud of our history and future-focused, having expanded into new technologies through our NewLaw division, Ashurst Advance, and our consulting arm. Our in-depth understanding of our clients and commitment to providing excellent standards of service have seen us become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law. To find out more please visit www.ashurst.com .
In order to comply with regulatory and client requirements, Ashurst will undertake appropriate vetting of staff. When applicants accept a job offer, Ashurst, alongside a specialist provider, will undertake professional verification and background checks. These checks are only undertaken with consent, and in accordance with our legal and regulatory obligations.
Ashurst are seeking an experienced recruitment professional who is keen to work for a progressive and innovative law firm. The role manages end-to-end recruitment for vacancies across the firm with particular focus on Business Services recruitment. Our resourcing team are constantly thinking about how to make our brand distinctive, how to improve the candidate experience, how do we upskill our hiring managers and have a robust and inclusive selection process with an emphasis on direct sourcing through low fee/ no fee activities.
The UK team manages lawyer and business services resourcing for the London and Glasgow offices, working closely with the Australia based team, and on occasions, will provide resourcing assistance to a number of offices outside of the UK
- Advise and support hiring manages on the best recruitment process, attraction strategy, sourcing channels and remuneration, managing the end-to-end recruitment process for Business Services vacancies in the London and Glasgow offices
- Create new and build on existing direct candidate channels, ensure we remove bias from our candidate screening, recommend shortlists, conducting interviews and agreeing offers with HRBPs.
- Work closely and consultatively with hiring partners to upskill them on sourcing strategies, reacting to market conditions, interview techniques and marketing of roles.
- Suggest and lead initiatives to build the brand profile of Ashurst in the Business Services market, this can include print, social media, events or script for hiring managers.
- Promote employee referral scheme and other direct sourcing across the firm and develop new and innovative methods. Utilise referrals, LinkedIn, job boards, market mapping and talent banks to reduce recruitment costs.
- Where we do use agencies, ensure we have partnered with the best firms who understand our brand and ensure that we manage their performance in a commercial and effective way.
- Looks for ways to improve our operational effectiveness either through HR systems or process changes, that might include ensuring we source talent from the widest possible pool, improving interview scheduling, reviewing selection processes, how we collate and deliver feedback and so on.
- Identify and work on wider HR and Resourcing projects as needed.
Risk and Control: Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with our regulatory requirements and internal policies.
Essential skills and experience:
- Proven in-house or agency recruitment experience with focus on direct sourcing of candidates across multiple disciplines and locations. Ideally from a professional services environment
- Advanced interviewing skills with experience of interviewing candidates from assistant to Head of level.
- Experience of utilising social media tools to develop employer brand and candidate sourcing techniques.
- Ability to stay focussed and prioritise workload in a fast-paced environment. Knowing when to ask for help and able to collaborate and deliver as a team.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills to ensure we have a great candidate and client experience.
- Proactive and positive approach with an ability to develop effective working relationships with colleagues and suppliers at all levels.
- Good attention to detail and high level of accuracy. Able to utilise the software and HR systems effectively