Ashurst is a leading global law firm with a history spanning almost 200 years, and clear strategy for our future growth. Our in-depth understanding of our clients and commitment to providing exceptional standards of service have seen us become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law. To find out more please visit here.
In order to comply with regulatory and client requirements, Ashurst will undertake appropriate vetting of staff. When applicants accept a job offer, Ashurst, alongside a specialist provider, will undertake professional verification and background checks. These checks are only undertaken with consent, and in accordance with our legal and regulatory obligations.
Ashurst Service Central (ASC) supports the firm to deliver smart and scalable business services. An experienced team of problem solvers and service professionals are designing a "one stop shop" for essential services across the employee and client lifecycles.
The aim is to create a business service engine which will support our progressive law firm. Since 2020, ASC has a team over 100 service professionals operating primarily out of Brisbane and Glasgow responsible for delivering a joined-up user experience across a number of essential services.
Within the ASC People Team we focus on delivering smart and effective People processes ensuring a great employee experience; supporting our People & Culture Function whilst administering the employee lifecycle events.
The HR Projects Coordinator will have responsibility for supporting our HR projects from within ASC, supporting the wider People & Culture Function as well as supporting the transition of further activity that would fit within ASC People catalogue of services.
Working flexibly 2-3 days in the office this role will be to support on all ASC HR annual and one-off projects, from supporting how the HRIS system is used to its best capacity; working with our HR Managers to identify further activity which can be delivered by ASC; to; supporting the transition of activities from other functions to enrich our employee experience and deliver end to end process management.
This role will suit a highly organised and driven administrator who thrives in a fast-paced environment where no two days are the same. You will have the opportunity to play a part in process improvement and change, and so, your passion will lie in your ability to build relationships with stakeholders, coupled with your ability to support operationalising new or changing policies and procedures which need to be implemented and will see your success in this role.
As the ASC HR Projects Coordinator you will have the opportunity to support various HR projects and process improvement initiatives towards operational effectiveness of the ASC People team.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Support HR Projects Team Leader to operationalise new HR policies and procedures that impact our employee lifecycle events and processes ensuring that these changes are embedded within our working processes and team are trained to deliver.
- Engage with our global offices to provide support to the local HR Managers where appropriate.
- Responsible for delivering of regular and annual activities/projects such as Practice Certificate renewals; annual leave reconciliation; annual remuneration review; amongst other similar activities and key deliverables.
- Engage and Liaise with Payroll & Reward team to optimise and improve the employee lifecycle processes.
- Ensure our workflows are maintained and improved based on feedback; as well as process improvement and process and policy changes.
- Work with the Service Improvement team to develop, review, and communicate standard, repeatable, and effective processes through the end to end employment lifecycle.
- Ensure ASC People team have updated documentation and are trained on all ASC People processes.
- Working with the Business Assurance lead, champion effective process, protocols, and systems to ensure quality records management and data integrity.
- Provide operational support to key HR projects including system changes and upgrade, and systems and process improvements.
Risk and Control: Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with our regulatory requirements and internal policies.
Essential skills and experience:
- Previous experience within a Shared Service or outsourced environment.
- A proven track record working with HR systems; with evidence of supporting new HR processes and workflows within an HRIS which adds value to the organisation.
- To have a solid understanding of the full HR service in order to deliver the most informative HR processes and HR Metrics.
- Good HR Policy knowledge.
- Knowledge of HR legislation.
- Track record of building and maintaining stakeholder relationships.
- Ability to work within cross-functional, collaborative teams and colleagues at all levels.
- Excellent customer service orientation.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills, tracking progress and success against appropriate metrics.
- Ability to identify issues, develop recommendations, sell ideas, and implement solutions.
- Ability to gather data and to compile information.
- Excellent presentation skills and ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Well-organised, detail-oriented, and ability to multi-task and prioritise own workload and assist other team members to achieve collective goals.
- Engaging and enthusiastic, a great team player.
- Works at a fast pace with a passion for continuous improvement.
- High integrity and confidentiality with sensitive information.
Desired skills and experience:
- Data analysis, manipulation and reporting experience.
- Knowledge of continuous improvement methodologies.
- CIPD qualified or working towards.