Ashurst is a leading progressive global law firm with a rich history, celebrating it's bicentenary in 2022. We are proud of our history and future-focused, having expanded into new technologies through our NewLaw division, Ashurst Advance, and our consulting arm. Our in-depth understanding of our clients and commitment to providing excellent standards of service have seen us become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law. To find out more please visit www.ashurst.com .
In order to comply with regulatory and client requirements, Ashurst will undertake appropriate vetting of staff. When applicants accept a job offer, Ashurst, alongside a specialist provider, will undertake professional verification and background checks. These checks are only undertaken with consent, and in accordance with our legal and regulatory obligations.
Ashurst Service Central (ASC) supports the firm to deliver smart and scalable business services. An experienced team of problem solvers and service professionals are designing a "one stop shop" for essential services across the employee and client lifecycles.
The aim is to create a business service engine which will support our progressive law firm. Since 2020, ASC has a team over 100 service professionals operating primarily out of Brisbane and Glasgow responsible for delivering a joined-up user experience across a number of essential services.
Within the ASC People Team we focus on delivering smart and effective People processes ensuring a great employee experience; supporting our People & Culture Function whilst administering the employee lifecycle events
The HR Advisor role sits within Ashurst Service Central shared services which processes all employee life cycle events and provides HR/Learning & Organisational Development/Graduate recruitment administrative support
- Delivering Advisory Support e.g. Exit Interviews, Family Leave
- Ensuring delivery of high quality and accurate service to employees
- Responsibility for Business Assurance initiatives and activities, including process audits and delivering feedback.
- Managing work allocation within the team via the HR ticketing system.
- Supporting the Team Leader in a supervisory capacity.
- Support HR Co-ordinators in providing first line advice on policies and procedures
- Mentoring of the HR Assistants and HR Coordinators, including onboarding training and support.
- Processing all employee lifecycle events to a high quality and agreed service levels. This includes onboarding, staff movements, off boarding and client secondments.
- Working with 3rd party suppliers in the completion of lifecycle events e.g. employee relocation, background checking, practising certificates and visa/ immigration requests.
- Resolving & processing all employee and Partner enquiries via the HR ticketing system to ensure accurate recording and reporting.
- Updating the HR systems and notifying changes to payroll where relevant.
- Providing administration support and handling first level queries relating to the annual HR calendar of activities e.g. performance appraisals and remuneration review
- Providing timely and accurate management information and data
- Recommend and implement improvements to HR administration processes
- Support change management initiatives
- Develop strong working relationships with key stakeholders in Ashurst Service Central, People & Culture, Payroll, HRIS.
- Provide innovative solutions to complex problems
- Act as a role model of the firm's values and able to exercise exemplary levels of discretion
- Identifying opportunities to improve the end-to-end employee lifecycle and employee experience
Risk and Control: Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with our regulatory requirements and internal policies.
Essential skills and experience:
- HR coordination experience
- Highly customer focused
- Excellent attention to detail
- Proven ability to communicate at all levels
- Forward thinker who is able to plan ahead proactively
- Strong relationship building skills
- Experience in problem solving queries through to a satisfactory conclusion
- Proven experience in delivering multiple priorities
- Collaborative team player, able to work as part of a virtual service delivery team
- Experience working with ambiguity
- Diversity champion
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Experience working with systems e.g. HR database
Desired skills and experience:
- Professional services or corporate experience, preferably in a HR related role
- Gained or working towards an HR qualification e.g. CIPD or equivalent
- Understanding of the legal environment and lawyers' work practices