Ashurst is a leading progressive global law firm with a rich history, celebrating its bicentenary in 2022. We are proud of our history and future-focused, having expanded into new technologies through our NewLaw division, Ashurst Advance, and our consulting arm. Our in-depth understanding of our clients and commitment to providing excellent standards of service have seen us become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law. To find out more please visit www.ashurst.com .
In order to comply with regulatory and client requirements, Ashurst will undertake appropriate vetting of staff. When applicants accept a job offer, Ashurst, alongside a specialist provider, will undertake professional verification and background checks. These checks are only undertaken with consent, and in accordance with our legal and regulatory obligations.
The team leader role resides in the EUC Team which is part of IT Operations.
The team is a global team and this will be one of two team lead positions, this role being based in the UK with the other one being in Australia. The EUC team is responsible for the desktop experience ensuring the desktop build meets the users needs and is kept secure, up to date and performant.
The team leader role will manage a team of up to 6 employees under the supervision of the EUC manager, this successful candidate should have a broad understanding of all technologies under the teams remit (SCCM, Application packaging, Desktop delivery methodologies and customising the user experience using tools such as group policy or Ivanti).
The successful candidate should have had experience in being the SME or a key stakeholder in at least 50% of the technologies used by a EUC team. As a team lead it is expected that they may act as the SME for one or two roles but their primary skill will be to manage the SME's under your control and act as a point of escalation for technical issues under the teams remit. It is expected that the role will predominantly be to manage resources delivering technology rather than delivering it themself so the ability to delegate and manage multiple workstreams and resources is key.
The team lead will be expected to spend approximately 50% of their time engaged in non technical activities and these will predominantly focus around the management and development of the team and overseeing the deployment of new process or systems. The successful candidate will be expected to work with other team leaders and managers to help define the teams strategy and success criteria and to be a key enabler for the delivery of it. The teams success will be measured through operational metrics and you will be responsible for ensuring your teams metrics are met as well as being responsible for identifying new metrics and reporting on them to management.
This will be a global role and there is a potential to be managing resource in multiple locations around the globe so good communication and task management skills are crucial.
Risk and Control: Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with our regulatory requirements and internal policies.
Essential skills and experience:
- Minimum of 2 years as a team lead withing a 3rd line team or examples of a Senior engineer who has team people management responsibility
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a 3rd line team
- Excellent communication skills
- Project management experience delivering BAU pipeline work and small internal projects
- Managing roadmaps for technologies under your remit including the upgrade path and dependencies
- Acting as a point of contact for escalations within the team and a trusted advisor to subordinates
- Helping to define KPI's and SLA's and ways of recording and tracking them as well as ensuring team meets them.
- Team Management responsibility, this should have included setting goals and objectives, managing workloads and deliverables, performing appraisals and weekly one to ones as well as managing performance
- Managing escalations from within the team and from other teams
- Upskilling resources under your control including training and personal career development plans
- Building and maintaining relationships with vendors
- Working with Team leads and managers from other teams to build relationships and co working in shared areas
- Planning, running and delivering system upgrade work.
- License management
- Ticket management and escalations
- Acting as the major incident manager on occasion
- Representation at Technical change advisory board
- Ideas generation to take the team forward and with a focus on continuous service improvement
- Proven experience delivering technical solutions and being the named SME in core applications within the EUC space
- SCCM infrastructure (creating / amending task sequences, expanding the environment as new offices are opened and configuring as well as day to day maintenance and monitoring)
- Packaging and deploying applications following the firms deployment process, this will involve liaising with test teams and owning the deployment.
- Creation, modification and optimisation of Group policies on desktop and VDI Environments
- Management and operational duties in Ivanti UWM infrastructure
- Deploy applications on App-V infrastructure and carry out daily support and maintenance to the system if needed
- Citrix XenDesktop 7.x, deploying and updating images, managing support and user performance issues and general maintenance of the environment
- MBAM, and physical device security and a good knowledge of security products such as AV and client deployment
Desired skills and experience:
- Microsoft Deployment Toolkit
- Vulnerability management
- Ivanti suite including personalisation manager
- Scripting Technologies: Powershell/VBS/CMD
- Windows Server 2012/2016/2019
- Delivering applications via Citrix Xenapp/Micrososft App-V
- Experience of OS migrations
- Lakeside (SysTrack) administration
- Project Management and delivery of internal run projects
- Microsoft Endpoint Management
- Cloud Management