About Ashurst Advance
Ashurst Advance is Ashurst's full service market-leading New Law offering that partners with our clients to meet their goals for cost-effective and outcomes-orientated legal service delivery.
We work seamlessly with the firm's legal advisory (traditional practice groups) and consulting experts to deliver innovative, holistic and commercial solutions, enhanced by our capabilities across advanced delivery, legal managed services, digital, legal operations and flexible resourcing.
Ashurst Advance is one of Ashurst's 5 global Divisions and sits at the heart of the firm, leading and driving legal services transformation, with 2 of our partners sitting on Ashurst's global Executive Team. We have continued to grow significantly in financial and people terms and currently have 170 people globally within Ashurst Advance.
As part of the next stage of our development and growth, Ashurst Advance is committed to delivering full "end to end" services and solutions, taking increased responsibility for delivery of specific areas of work. We are also committed to growing the provision of ongoing legal managed services directly to our priority clients in a number of areas.
This strategic development and growth requires Ashurst Advance to create a number of roles for qualified lawyers who will play a key role in the development of end to end services and solutions and legal managed services and in the ongoing delivery of those services and solutions to our clients, either directly or alongside other practice groups. In particular, Ashurst Advance will be taking on supervisory and legal advisory responsibility for agreed elements of those services and solutions, working on a fully integrated basis with all the other skills and capabilities within Ashurst Advance.
As of now, we are at a relatively early stage of development in this extension of our capabilities and the roles we are currently recruiting for will have the opportunity to shape our model and approach. These roles will contribute to key decisions around the scope of the services we provide as well as how to achieve global adoption through programmes of internal awareness and engagement, working directly with the global practice groups in scope.
What makes this role different
- Actively contributing to transformation and innovative ways of working, not just doing things the traditional way
- Roles will work with a much wider range of legal professionals and will result in significant upskilling in all areas of New Law
- Will have the opportunity to shape our model and play a key role in current and future service development"
- Roles will contribute to service design and set up, as well as actual delivery
- Working on projects/matters which have a more structured approach to delivery
- Joining award winning and top ranked New Law Division of a leading global law firm
- Opportunity to use legal skills in a new and different way
- Significant opportunity for development of personal skills in areas of New Law, with those skills and experience being of increasing value in the changing legal market
- Working as part of a global team, alongside a number of different Ashurst offices, with access to top quality global clients
- High energy "start-up" type environment with clear commitment to sustainable high performance and hybrid ways of working
- A minimum of six years of legal experience in Banking and Finance within a respected law firm or in-house role
- Track record and enthusiasm to grow, lead and supervise teams and help develop their skills and careers
- A passion for quality (including excellent attention to detail)
- A commercial and pragmatic approach
- Enthusiasm to challenge, innovate and think differently so that Ashurst Advance can continually improve the quality and breadth of services it provides
- Technically excellent with well-developed analytical and drafting skills
- An ability to work effectively as part of a team, to build relationships quickly and to engage confidently and effectively with internal and external stakeholders and clients at all levels
- A resourceful, confident, inquisitive, resilient, pro-active and enthusiastic attitude
- An ability to communicate complex matters in a clear and effective manner using plain English (both verbally and written)
Ashurst Advance has very ambitious growth plans which include a significant increase in end to end services/solutions and legal managed services. This will require us to grow and scale rapidly our lawyer capability. With that growth will come the opportunity to progress through skills development and promotion, increasing responsibilities in areas such as people and team management, new service design and the like.
What we can offer you
The future of legal services is at the centre of the firm's strategy and we want to attract the best talent to help us achieve our objectives and grow our unique offering. By joining us you will be at the forefront of change in the legal industry and part of a team devoted to innovation, global collaboration, diversity, and growth.
We also offer award winning Learning & Organisational Development and Inclusion, Diversity & Belonging programs and a range of benefits including, subsidised gym membership, discounted health insurance, complimentary health and wellbeing support programs, study support, annual bonuses (in accordance with our bonus scheme), flexible working, and 26 weeks parental leave, to name a few.
If you are looking for a career with a difference and want to be part of a global team working with high profile clients doing cutting-edge work, we would love to hear from you.