Ashurst is a leading progressive global law firm with a rich history, celebrating its bicentenary in 2022. We are proud of our history and future-focused, having expanded into new technologies through our NewLaw division, Ashurst Advance, and our consulting arm. Our in-depth understanding of our clients and commitment to providing excellent standards of service have seen us become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law. To find out more please visit www.ashurst.com .
We are currently looking for Internal Communications Senior Executive on a 24 month FTC. This role will be based in our Glasgow office.
This role is responsible for developing and executing internal communication strategies to support the firm's transformation programme and firmwide initiatives
- Work with the Change & Business Improvement function and Business Services leads to deliver communication strategies that support the firm's transformation and strategic agenda.
- Develop communication strategies and campaign narratives for different internal audiences, to meet specified programme objectives.
- Develop communications that inspire and drive awareness, participation and action.
- Build relationships with Project Leads and Change Managers to understand desired outcomes, key milestones and associated comms across initiatives.
- Ensure communication plans are kept up to date, and meet agreed milestones and deadlines.
- Manage internal communication channels and content to ensure the best levels of engagement are achieved.
- Work closely and collaboratively with internal communication counterparts to ensure a consistent approach to internal communications globally.
- Input communication activities into the internal communications content planner, identify and resolve message or timing conflicts.
- Risk and Control: Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements and internal policies
Essential skills and experience:
- Bachelor degree or equivalent in communications, or similar field
- An understanding of change management and project management principles
- Excellent time management and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively across all levels of the organisation
- A good eye for detail, ability to work accurately and effectively even when under pressure
- Evidence of experience managing and supporting internal communication plans
- A creative thinker, with the ability to translate business strategies into engaging communications and adapt style to suit different channels or audiences
- Curious, able to learn quickly and highly proactive
- Eye for visuals and ability to create dynamic content
- Comfortable working with teams in different geographic locations and time zones
- A passionate storyteller, always looking for new and interesting ways to engage employees on Ashurst's business priorities
Desired skills and experience:
- In-house experience in a global organisation
- Video and podcast production skills
- CMS and/or SharePoint experience