We are currently recruiting for a Manager to join our A&O Consulting team in London on a permanent basis.
Market disruption, tightening regulations and increased cross-border working are demanding new ways of thinking. Our consulting team helps clients respond to these unprecedented challenges. We provide high-quality, business-focused advice on issues relating to governance, corporate purpose and culture, conduct and operational risk, and regulation. Integrated with the firm’s existing legal capabilities, A&O Consulting allows the firm to offer a truly one-stop solution to clients. The team works with colleagues across the firm to build on existing client relationships and to spot opportunities leveraging the collective knowledge of our clients.
We deliver sustainable solutions ensuring our clients solve their most pressing challenges, so they can unlock growth and drive business transformation.
As a Manager you would support the Managing and Executive Directors in execution of our business, product and client strategy. You would be seen as a market leading expert providing high quality, innovative advice and solutions to our clients. The role requires an individual with the ability to listen deeply to clients and understand their needs while providing high quality advice and solutions covering a wide range of issues.
In this role you will be expected to work on client mandates including mandates for clients based the Middle East based out of our London office. There will be an expectation for you to travel to our Middle East office from time to time depending on the mandate.
You would also be able to identify and develop new products that clients would find valuable in helping them to meet challenges in their business.
Role and responsibilities
- Interacting with clients often at senior levels
- Responsible for completing project based assignments within agreed timescales and sometimes leading client proposals and execution of client mandates. Maintaining strong client relationships.
- Utilising existing networks to develop new client business (in conjunction with Managing Director and Executive Directors)
- Keeping abreast of current and evolving regulatory themes and priorities and areas of focus regulations, principally in the Middle East and London, and helping to create opportunities for future product solutions for clients
- Continually improving the team operating environment and working practices
- Build awareness and opportunities for collaboration within the legal partnership and collaborating with the legal teams on jointly led projects
- Actively promote an inclusive and diverse work environment
- Ability to present results to clients in a variety of formats, including written reports, power point and project management tools and to effectively communicate these to the clients
- Management reporting and record keeping
- Attending relevant industry forums if required
- Ideally we are looking from someone from a Consulting background with a background in compliance, risk, financial crime and/or risk management
- Significant risk management, compliance risk and/or financial crime risk preferred
- Fluency in Arabic would be desirable but not essential
- Ability to work in a standalone role
- Able to demonstrate business development skills and experience
- Recognised by clients as a trusted adviser
- Demonstrable programme management skills with the ability to run multiple projects
- Able to influence internal/external clients and colleagues
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Able to multi-task in order to meet client needs and work under pressure with accuracy and focus
- Proven planning and prioritising skills
- Willing to travel
- Strong team player
- Known for having strong relationship management, project execution skills and significant experience across one or more of our core offering including risk management, compliance risk and/or financial crime
- An adaptable and flexible thinker, capable of broadening horizons to meet new challenges
- Good commercial skills, the ability to develop commercial solutions which add value to clients
- Evidence of driving innovation and achieving success
- Possessing some degree of leadership capability, initiative and independent judgement
- Able to influence internal/external clients and colleagues including at senior levels
- Driven and motivated to work in a continual changing environment
- Strong analytical skills, written and verbal communication skills and experience using MS office
Should you require additional support at any stage of the recruitment process due to a disability or a health condition, please do not hesitate to contact a member of Allen & Overy’s recruitment team who will work with you to provide any reasonable adjustments as required.
At Allen & Overy, we recognise that our people are our most valuable asset, which is reflected in the wide range of benefits that are available to our employees. Some of these benefits include: our occupational pension scheme, group income protection cover, private medical insurance, mental health resources and free apps, health and wellbeing services encompassing an onsite gym, wellbeing centre and GP service, emergency back-up care support, parental and special leave, holiday entitlement increasing with length of service, holiday trading, season ticket loans and online discounts and lifestyle management services.
Allen & Overy recognises the value of flexible working and embraces hybrid working, allowing our people to work from home up to 40% of their working time. We do however remain committed to working together in person for the remaining 60% of time so that we can learn, grow and succeed together. If you would like additional flexibility we will of course consider this in line with business needs.
Additional information - External
Allen & Overy is a leading global law firm operating in over thirty countries. By turning our insight, technology and talent into ground-breaking solutions, we’ve earned our reputation as a firm that leads the industry and opens up new possibilities in law. Our lawyers are leaders in their field – and the same goes for our support teams. Ambitious, driven and open to fresh perspectives, we find new ways to deliver our services and maintain our reputation for excellence, in all that we do.
The nature of law is changing and with that change brings unique opportunities. We are defined by our consistent commitment to creating a collaborative and supportive working culture and investing in your progress. We’re committed to supporting a culture that drives diversity and inclusion. Every day, we’re working hard to create an environment where you feel you can bring your authentic self to work. To be comfortable and confident to be who you are in the workplace. To feel like you belong. We offer rewarding careers that are built around your strengths and designed to ensure you can achieve your personal and professional ambitions. Joining our global team, you’ll discover what collaborating on a global scale really looks like; you’ll learn how to help drive change; and you’ll be at the heart of an organisation that’s defining the future of law. If you’re ready to find a place to thrive: It’s Time.